JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera video modes only show FHD on my S10+

(Topic created: 03-08-2019 04:50 PM)
kaltek2599
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I received my S10+ today, transferred everything from my S9+ and everything looked good but when I went to try out the front and rear 4K modes, I was surprised to only find FHD options for 16:9. Tried chatting with a representative who connected to my phone and agreed but couldn't help more. Interestingly I find that the Verizon support link at  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-222905/ shows the same thing!?

How are reviewers and Samsung saying that this features UHD video on the front and rear cameras??

Full options visible in the S10+

The available options on the rear camera :(

Options on my S9+ that had UHD on the rear camera

0 Likes
9 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@kaltek2599 that's definitely weird. Did you purchase unlocked or through a carrier? What is your baseband version also? This info is found in the About phone section of your Settings. 

0 Likes
kaltek2599
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bought it unlocked directly from Samsung, just delivered today. My baseband is G97U1UEU1ASAU Kernel version is 4.14.78-15296297 Any help would be appreciated, this is a downgrade from my S9+ at this point.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@kaltek2599  is it the same if you put your phone into safe mode? The only other thing I could think to do would be a factory reset. You definitely should be seeing more options. 

kaltek2599
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Verizon support page shows what I see

If not for this, I would have suspected my device alone. What would I expect to see normally? Is this an issue with certain versions of the software?

0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@kaltek2599  you should have UHD options for both front and rear cameras. I can't tell you exactly why you aren't seeing the UHD recording options. If you're near a Best Buy there is usually a Samsung kiosk inside with Samsung blue shirt who might be able to do something for you as far as reflashing your OS, but I would call ahead and check since the phone releases officially tomorrow. 

Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I cannot see your image so i am not sure, But click on "Resolution"  it will show more options like FHD and UHD 

View solution in context

kaltek2599
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Screenshot_20190308-184836_Camera.jpg

You are correct! It didn't occur to me that resolution would have more modes. Thank you thank you thank you

0 Likes
kaltek2599
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not sure why my screenshots are not showing up but you're correct, tapping on resolution showed up the additional modes, thanks so much again

0 Likes
usermyuoeC7lad
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same problem with mine and i pre ordered the phone from a store in Denmark... not sure why but it is really annoying
0 Likes