Original topic:

Can anyone help me change my samsung email after losing the email login

(Topic created on: 3/30/21 12:49 PM)
userNJFExGLHNc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I didn't use this email in years and forgot the password, now no one including 3 store techs can help me rid the phone of this.  No one here can help either unless God shows up.  So are you game to try?

0 Likes
12 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Samsung email can be configured to work with whatever email provider you use. To get rid of an old account open the email app, click on the icon/picture at the top left to open your account then click on the gear icon at the top right to enter the account settings. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and click remove account.
After the account is removed you can add whatever account you want mail to retrieve email from. I have mine pointed to Gmail but any email server should work after you set it up
0 Likes
userNJFExGLHNc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I do not have or want a samsung email, I have a protonmail email set as the primary samsung email address and lost the password to the account now neither I or the techs in 2 stores can change my email to a current one.  If I can not accomplish this there is no reason to upgrade the phone.  Been trying for 2 different phones now, think you can help?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should be able to remove the account using the directions above if you are talking about the native mail app. Otherwise have you tried force stopping and uninstalling all updates through either play store or galaxy app store? The last option to make sure unwanted accounts and/or apps don't follow you to a new phone is to just bypass using smart switch to port over your information and go old school by setting up everything on the new phone manually
0 Likes
userNJFExGLHNc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found a way to delete the account thru settings, however I was told not to do this because this email is set as ME or the email that the phone is registered too.  If I delete the email the phone may not work, so actually what I need to do is switch the email to a new and working one then the old email which will have no purpose can be deleted or just remain unused.  Really not sure about deleting the account holders email from the phone

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If I am understanding you are saying that is the email associated with your Samsung account? If so you can log into your Samsung account and update the email from there. This will be easier if you update the Samsung account from a different device, I suggest a computer or tablet. First go ahead and log out of your Samsung account under account management in the phone settings, then update your Samsung account email and finally log back into your Samsung account on your phone
0 Likes
userNJFExGLHNc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

But if I log out I will be prompted to log back in using an email address that I no longer have access too making getting a code impossible.  It has to be this way or anyone could log me out and change the email locking me out of my own phone.  The not knowing what will happen next factor makes doing anything impossible.  So I need to change this email without logging out as logically it will send log back in instructions to the dead email.  I do this all the time at other places when logging in, but I have access to the email

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should be able to log back in using the new email address that you updated in your Samsung account. Samsung will require 2 factor authentication for your security. Many people change their primary email, Samsung isn't going to force you into using the same email forever. If you have concerns about security you can always reach out to Samsung customer support before updating your email
0 Likes
userNJFExGLHNc
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does not matter because even if I can log back in all my settings and backups are at the previous account email. The people in the store recommend against this.  So there needs to be a way to change this email which evidentially samsung does not allow for

WHY

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Updating an email for an existing account will not cause any changes to your settings or backups. All it does is update the email. If you accidentally registered for a new account using a different email samsung account support can merge the accounts for you under your preferred email. Worse case is you can't update the email without customer support if you have no access to the old email but I can't imagine that nobody is account support can help
0 Likes