cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Can no longer open front door with either Galaxy S5 and S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah, the good ol' runaround. I'm sorry about that. This is super interesting though. 

I know it's working for other Galaxy phones in your complex (combed through the thread).

Have you tried resetting your network settings on the phone completely? I feel like it may be that or we would want to try getting your phone a fresh copy of the overall firmware.

Best if we start with a less invasive step first though. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bermudagirl
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No, I never said anything about other Samsung phones in my community working. I just said a few in my building along with the property manager have no issues. They do not have Samsung phones, they have either iPhone or landline. The property manager has a Samsung 4, I believe, and hers works fine. So did mine when I had it. So did my S5 when I had it until last October. Then I decided because of that and other reasons, it was time for a new phone. So, I upgraded to the S7. Still a problem.

bermudagirl
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Someone else in this thread is also having an issue. They have to use a Magic Jack. Their iPhone works fine. No, this person is not in my community.

bermudagirl
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I should say no other Samsung Galaxy phones that I am aware of, other than the property manager. I neglected to add Galaxy to my answer.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol yea I was referring to the property manager phone "Property manager came by today with her Samsung Galaxy 3 and the door worked fine for her". My bad! But that's definitely proof that Samsung should be able to work properly with this service so it helps. Can you provide a name for the system being used there? Do they use any specific software? Or is it Magic Jack as well? I just want to be able to do some direct digging for you. Also, what is your Baseband version? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bermudagirl
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know the name of the entry system or the software but if you think it is worth finding out, I can ask the property manager. I'm not the poster using Magic Jack, that is someone else in this thread who has the same issue that I have. I don't know what you are referring to when you say Baseband version.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please do find that out for us. 

bermudagirl
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Also, I may have said this way earlier in the thread...if someone calls me from the call box, I answer, tell them I can't let them in with my phone, I have to come down and let them in, I hang up the phone. I go downstairs, let the person in or whatever, go back up the steps and you can still hear my phone ringing on the callbox even though I already hung up. Then there is the recorded message..."if you'd like to make a call, please hang up..." and then the fast busy signal. Really weird.

Highlighted
bermudagirl
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Problem solved through TMobile community thread. Some others chimed in with same problem with different phones, not necessarily Samsung. Unchecking 4GLTE to just 4G or LTE/4G/3G to 3G/2G only resolves the issue. I just tried it and was able to let someone in.

The only issue now is why this is a problem. Carrier? Software incompatibility?

Thanks all, and hope this is helpful to someone else!

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! Thanks for coming back and updating the thread with that solution. I'm glad this got figured out for you. 

I'm not entirely sure what about your LTE connection was interfering with this. Have you discussed this with your carrier at all?