cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userg9uKYTPLSs
Astronaut

Re: This will do all software and security updates. Software...

You are wrong. It will not update software thru mobile date. It will not do what he needs as you falsely stated. So your research before spreading non sense 

@user5hu4XX3T6F wrote:

This will do all software and security updates. Software updates always come with new security updates therefore it is only referred to as security updates in the device settings. It will work for what you want.

Miasnip
Asteroid

Ha haa very funny explanation. Please go to your settings...

Ha haa very funny explanation. Please go to your settings > software updates . There you can select if you wanna download it automatically over wifi or not. No option for mobile data. Please refer everything before you comment a solution. I've contacted Samsung about this months ago and they've accepted that there is no way of getting it over mobile data and will include it in future. And alsoask me to post it on here. This is the email reply.

Hello Ashan, 

I’m Monali from Samsung Technical support. 

I’ve read your email and you’ve came up with an excellent idea. I do respect all of your suggestions. We at Samsung always strive to serve better to our customers and we always welcome the suggestions and feedback from our customers. I personally appreciate your idea. 

There are chances that the feature to update the device with mobile data might available in coming years. 

Alternatively it'd be great if you could share your suggestion on our website as well. Here is the link where you can submit your suggestion. 

https://us.community.samsung.com/ 

We value your business with us. Please click on "Contact us " option on the right corner to get back to us on live chat, phone, and email . 

I Again appreciate you for your suggestion. Thank you for choosing Samsung products. 

Sincerely, 

Monali

user5hu4XX3T6F
Cosmic Ray

Ok, was just trying to be helpful but I can see you reall...

Ok, was just trying to be helpful but I can see you really dont want the help. The option I gave will in fact work but if you are stuck on the fact that it will not I don't think anyone can help.

userILAeUAmfjY
Constellation

Re: Ok, was just trying to be helpful but I can see you reall...

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S10e.  I went to "Settings>Biometrics and security>Other security settings>Security policy updates>Download updates via" and changed it from "Wi-Fi only" to "Wi-Fi or mobile networks".  That seems to only work for "Settings>Biometrics and security>Other security settings>Security policy updates>Update now".  If I click that now, I get this message "Security policy updates...Your security policy has already been updated to the latest version."  No updates were ever actually downloaded or installed though.  If I click on "Biometrics and security>Security update" I get this message "Couldn't download update...Connect to a Wifi network to continue downloading the update."  I also get that same message if I click on "Settings>Software update>Download and install".  There is a software update available, but it still won't let me download it without connecting to a Wi-Fi network, even after making the change that you suggested.

Miasnip
Asteroid

I'm glad that you try to help and really appreciate your...

I'm glad that you try to help and really appreciate your effort. But in this case the manufacturer has to come up with a solution rather than searching it in the settings. Right now i don't have any pending update to complete so I'm unable to attach the wifi request message screenshot. But i found a simmer one in internet.

http://androidfact.com/how-to-update-samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/

user5hu4XX3T6F
Cosmic Ray

This will also work. Keep this off. To test just download...

This will also work. Keep this off. To test just download Odin3 and the firmware that originally came with the device, in this case I believe it was android 7. Use Odin to install the firmware. Make sure this is off after installing the firmware and try to download the updates. If you don't feel comfortable with this let me know and I will do it myself and let you know if it works. These are all signed by Samsung and will not void any warranty.

userADV40Of7WO
Constellation

It happens on my note 9s as well.

It happens on my note 9s as well.