JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't find existing contact in Contacts

(Topic created: 08-03-2021 07:18 PM)
TonyCzar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I entered info for a person into my S10's Contact app (Android fully updated).  Cannot find it now, including using the Search function.  However, when I try to add it again that contact shows up.  Repeated; no change.  Have rebooted phone; no change.  Would appreciate some wisdom.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TonyCzar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I ended up just inputting the full info as if the one that popped up wasn't even there.  Worked, and no duplicate seen.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
nopen1278
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Maybe try tapping on the three lines top left. Then under the gear icon make sure it says all contacts.
user8BX259GOuY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can not find my contact
Smew
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does the recipient show up when your try adding them to a text message in the messages app? 

What version of the Contacts app are you using? Check for updates in the Galaxy store.

What software version is your S10 on? (Settings > About Phone > Software Information > Build Number [last 4 characters])

Try submitting an error report through the Samsung Members app if you think it's a software issue ! 

0 Likes
userhvPefylPBC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same problem with my S9. I enter a contact in the search bar and receive the message "no results found." I can only reach the contact by scrolling through all contacts. Per Smew advice, the person does show up when I start a text to them. But I can't dial via text so it's still inconvenient.  I have sent an error report.

0 Likes
Solution
TonyCzar
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I ended up just inputting the full info as if the one that popped up wasn't even there.  Worked, and no duplicate seen.

0 Likes