cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdd1382
Constellation

Can't get rid of voice mail icon in notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There are no new messages yet the icon won't go away. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userK0Wkg4EXqn
Astronaut

Re: Can't get rid of voice mail icon in notifications

JUMP TO SOLUTION

sorted not sure how , entered a new voicemail pin as I didn't even no I had one the voice mail came

through then deleted message by pressing 3 on phone pad if you get stuck Google voicemail pin 

47 REPLIES 47
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Couple of ideas: 

Restart the phone. 

Go to the VM app and there should be a refresh in the menu. Click that. 

Call your VM (I think from dialer there is a button or hold zero) and go through the options and if there are any messages delete them. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Heather123456
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue. I have rebooted my phone, called my voicemail (with no voicemails pending), and even manually removed the icon (temporary fix I found online). I have to say, it is quite annoying to see that voicemail icon present, only to call my voicemail and have it tell me there are no unheard voicemails!

I am never alerted of a new voicemail, and since the icon is always visible, I never have any idea that I have one waiting for me. I figured by now they would have come up with a fix for this bug with one of the updates, but no such luck!!!

So - if anyone has had any luck fixing this, I'd be interested to know as well!

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First you need to make sure you have the latest update of the VM app. 

Then clear Cache and data of the VM app. See if this helps. 

I assume you hangup on VM when you are done with it. Correct?

Here are some more things I would Try: Leave youself a VM. Wait a few minutes. This should give the phone enough time to sync with the system and download your VM. 

Dial into VM and go through the listening and deleting the VM. Usually VM sytem says to hangup press # (or any other key). Press that button insterad of just hanging up. 

If this does not work, I would try to reset the VM system. If you call your service provider, they usually habve a way to reset your VM for you. Then restart the phone. Remember that the VM app usually is something that is provided by the Carrier.  

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Shockstar
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pull down icon, hold down,select phone from menu, select force stop. It will be gone.  Afterwards hold down 1 to make sure to restart it.

userz1jnmHr0bd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything noted here, and have found all to be temporary.

Following other forums seems to indicate that this is not limited to one carrier, or even two carriers.  All carriers seem to have this problem.

What does it take to get this problem on the Google and Samsung engineering radar?

usery4mKredEJJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, thanks for this info,IT WORKED for me on a J5 2017, It isnt (in the first couple of weeks)the only problem I have had with this phone,Blutooth has been a prob,I am a t the point where I wished I had stuck with my S5,BUT? once again a big thank you .

Jamesrussellusmc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do the same thing but press clear data will also work

userK0Wkg4EXqn
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

sorted not sure how , entered a new voicemail pin as I didn't even no I had one the voice mail came

through then deleted message by pressing 3 on phone pad if you get stuck Google voicemail pin 

userJEwyHxKezk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call yourself from your own phone leave a message hang up.

Receive message alert call vm listen to message hit key 3 ... message alert will go.