I put my credit card details in then tried to gift it now it does not show the price of the glow skin just shows the number 1 so i can redeem it right? but whenever i try to gift it, the purchase and gift options just go gray and the game freezes. I followed all the steps on the samsung website i just cant gift it i also have 2fa on and epic games told me to ask samsung about this problem so I hope you would help me.
Just to clarify are these the steps you are performing:
1. Go to Fortnite Store under Limited-Time Offers and tap on GLOW outfit
2. Tap on “GIFT” to gift outfit
3. Must enable 2FA before you can “Gift” outfit to a friend. Tap “ENABLE 2FA NOW”
4. Choose to enable 2FA authentication via app or email; Enter security code sent to email, tap CONTINUE
5. Before you can gift the GLOW outfit, make sure your Friend is listed under your account or tap “ADD FRIENDS” to invite a friend and enter their EPIC NAME or EMAIL
6. You will receive a Friend Request Sent notification. Note: Your Friend must accept your invite before you can gift the GLOW outfit.
7. Select recipient from your list to gift GLOW outfit or tap the box next to your account to keep for yourself
8. Green check mark appears in box of GLOW outfit recipient; Tap CONTINUE
9. GLOW outfit will appear in recipients locker. You will need to tap the outfit to activate. You will also receive the Levitate emote as part of this redemption process
So just to clarify, the glow outfit is appearing in the person you are gifting it's locker is that correct? They will need to activate the outfit from their locker.
I get teh same issue. When I click on gift, game just freezes and the pourchase and gift buttons get grayed. Shows the Number 1 on top of purchase. Need to force close the game, it doesnt unfreeze. Attached is a photo
Hi there, if you have followed the steps provided by SamsungAdam and you are still unable to gift the skin I would recommend reaching out to Epic Games directly.
I am having the same problem. I have the s8+ and I am not able to gift the glow skin to my friend. I made a new account (both samsung and fortnite because you can not gift it if you have already redeemed it on the same account(s)) and when I try to gift it, my game freezes and shows the number "1" as the price (when it used to be 0.00).
Edit - (I have clicked purchase to test whether or not it was just glitched overall or if it is just for gifting. Turns out, it automatically purchased the glow skin... Now I have a new fortnite account with the glow skin...)
Thanks for reaching out! If it purchased the skin rather than gifting it, you need to reach out to Epic for further assistance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
@SamsungAdam I was directed here from epic games and im having the same exact issue with gifting the glow skin. We have followed all the steps listed but the issue still stands. Please look into this, my device model is the s8+ my model number isSM-G955U thanks.