JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't hear phone calls unless on speakerphone

(Topic created: 05-19-2021 10:34 AM)
Audio51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
My Galaxy S10+ plus has suddenly developed an issue. I cannot hear any part of phone calls unless I am on speakerphone. That includes the dial tone,  ringing, answering or the callers voice. On speakerphone I can hear everything. This happens whether I am making or receiving calls.  I tried resetting the phone preferences,  force stopping, rebooting after each of the aforementioned.no luck with any of those. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You could potentially have a hardware issue. You can check that on this app with a diagnostic check.. but often it's as simple as you recently downloaded an app that has microphone permissions and has blocked access to that function of your phone

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
baybydol
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Me too. It's quite frustrating 😕 I wasn't aware of using speakerphone to correct it. So, thanks. I just tried it and if I turn speakerphone off after turning it on I can then hear the call without it. This make it super difficult to toggle around with this while driving. Yay Samsung! I have the s20
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

which carrier do you have? 

0 Likes
baybydol
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Tmobile
0 Likes
Solution
SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You could potentially have a hardware issue. You can check that on this app with a diagnostic check.. but often it's as simple as you recently downloaded an app that has microphone permissions and has blocked access to that function of your phone

View solution in context

0 Likes
Audio51
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you for the help! I ran the diagnostic as you suggested. I did the interactive speaker and mic check. Mic was good. Speaker had an issue. It recommended reboot so I did and the problem is fixed!!! I had rebooted before with no luck so it must have done something when the diagnostic was run.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What is the link for the app (or name; whatever)?The 'view solution' link in your doesn't work.

Having same problem but with an S10.

Thanks, Joyce

0 Likes
SSJBRUTUS
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's in this app.. under get help: phone care: Interactive check
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options