JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't hide assistant menu icon

(Topic created: 11-05-2020 05:27 AM)
Cruz77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm very disappointed that Samsung moved their 1 tap to answer option to the assistant menu. I usually turn on assistant menu then long press to remove it but since the update I can't hide the menu anymore. Does anyone else have this problem? Any possibile solutions? 
29 Replies
usera9PmGKM3RP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The only thing I need to add  is a slight clarification of where to find system apps. When you open apps go to the 3 dots menu upper right corner. Then find the assistant mentioned and use the FORCE STOP. There are a lot of people that DO NOT WANT A FLOATING MENU!!!! WE DO WANT SINGLE TAP ANSWER!!! SAMSUNG HEAR US!!!

To work around hiding floating menu, go to your settings on the phone, the gear in the upper right corner. Scroll to to apps. Then go to the 3 dots menu upper right. Scroll to system apps.  In the accessibility system app at the bottom, press Force Stop! This will keep your single tap answer choice but hide the app floating icon UNTIL THE PHONE REBOOTS. 

REPEAT, SINGLE TAP ANSWER PHONE CALLS, YES, FLOATING MENU, NO!!!

FLOATING MENUS ARE ALWAYS IN THE WAY EVEN ON AN EDGE! 

Also  grumpy, plus old, and frustrated computer nerdess, Susy

useruDc2pELdfS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. It seems because of the update

0 Likes
Mohican69
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does anyone know of an app out there that would give us the tap to answer calls without using this stupid assistant menu? I'm sick and tired of hitting the edge icon by accident when I'm doing something else. Plus the icon doesn't stay where I put it. It's super frustrating when it comes up. I've never used it for anything.

userXeDGo7zIvZ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I really liked the assistant menu on the notification panel while this floating icon is very irritating.

I would want samsung to fix this asap. 

Cant adjust.

userkdFW8Akz0M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
guys I went into the accessibility setting and clicked use edge panel, then I went set the transparency to 100% and I don't see it any more. so it may technically be on the screen but you can't see it. that's the work around I'm using. doing a force stop may cause the single tap to answer function not to work
0 Likes
Fctsmtr
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That works until you accidentally push it or if you are me, my hand inadvertently pushes it.

it's really terrible that the option to hide is not avail natively any longer.
usero3QZW9BbWT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I wish they fix as there is no fix till now. I have tried everything. Force stop etc etc

usero3QZW9BbWT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The November update does not fix this

I have tried everything. It remains on the screen. Using Note 9 with UI 2.5

Tom G1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Be nice to know Samsung actually reads these posts and takes some action.  

SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

0 Likes