JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't hide assistant menu icon

(Topic created: 09-22-2020 08:40 PM)
Cruz77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm very disappointed that Samsung moved their 1 tap to answer option to the assistant menu. I usually turn on assistant menu then long press to remove it but since the update I can't hide the menu anymore. Does anyone else have this problem? Any possibile solutions? 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
userLww7S0ipbM
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Click on the 'show as edge icon' option under 'transparency' on the assistant menu page.
0 Likes
Cruz77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I found the solution!
Turn on assistant menu and enable the one tap feature then go to Apps>tap the 3 dots and tap Show System Apps>scroll down to Accessibility (it should have a gear icon)>from there disable Appear on Top and then force stop the app. The icon immediately disappears and does not come back unless you restart the phone.
usersFHQWmVR89
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So, after doing this, how can I access the Assistant menu? Hiding it put an access to the Assistant menu in the Quick menu pull down...

Additionally, I restart my phone at least once a week...kind of like the same thing people do with their computers and laptops.

@Cruz77 

0 Likes
Cruz77
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Sorry for the late reply, you just have to open Accessibility in your settings and turn off and on the assistant menu. If you want to hide it again you have to force stop accessibility. Unfortunately this is the best solution I have found so far.
0 Likes
TOUGHDOC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thanks a lot it works perfectly I hope it stays that way until we find a better fix
0 Likes
userkaZyT7asX7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This is awesome as a temporary fix - thank you. It is better than nothing

RedMountain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks for getting rid of the annoying floating edge icon. You star @Cruz77 !

usermlDGnxolry
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Great as a workaround, but why did Samsung in most recent update remove the feature to hide it in the first place?

The ONLY reason i use this assistant menu, is so I can tap instead of drag to answer phone calls.

I can't count how many calls I've missed because of that stupid "drag to answer" idiocracy. It just doesn't work!

userNWrsMmyhzw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Excellent thank you. I can't understand why samsung do things like this they're a pain in the backside, I dont think my next phone will be a samsung.

userbrtkDRpZSG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have exactly the same problem since the last upgrade. The only way I can disable the icon now is to go into Settings>Apps>Show System Apps  and force stop Accessibility, unbelievable! This whole swipe/tap saga has been going on so long with alot of people really annoyed, there is never any indication from Sansung that it might be even put on a backlog. I have come to the conclusion that Samsung is just another commodity box product flogger who is not interested at all in what people think, this is what we think is good for you and just live with it and that setting up sites like this for people to comment is is purely a sop.

Gumpy