Original topic:

Can't receive and make call/text messages

(Topic created: 05-02-2022 11:04 PM)
Usf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I can't receive calls nor text messages on this phone again. The problem started 3 weeks ago. 
When I'm called, it will ring from the callers end, but will not at my end. I don't receive text messages too. Text messages deliver only after several hours.

Also, I can't make calls nor send text messages again. The calls will not connect and my text messages isn't delivered. 

My network provider has tried all they could from their end, but to no avail. They changed the SIM card for me, yet the problem persists. 

When I called Samsung US office, they said I should call SAMSUNG AUSTRALIA who made the phone to reconfigure the phone for me so that it becomes compatible with US network. I contacted Samsung Australia, they couldn't reconfigure it for me. All they asked me to do didn't work out.

Meanwhile the phone was working well from December 2021 when I brought it here to the US up until like a month ago when it started these problems. 

Please, help me out.
0 Likes
11 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That doesn't make sense they told y that. My phone was made in Vietnam and it runs US netwoek why wouldn't any phone made for the US not work no matter what country made it. I would maybe contact ur carrier and are u using Samsung messages or google messages. And are u using Google phone or Samsung phone
0 Likes
Angel00731
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi i assume it's because providers have different bloatware /apps that are for those countries for example 5g towers samsung tv laws regulations and policies .but also can be hardware problem like antenna on the phone. I had a similar experience with a samsung US phone. And the problem was that the antennas near me did not had a contract with those antennas and i found that myself.verizon was denying what i found and prove it . Try to change setting on mobile network and add a new network like for example verizon us 5g network fast US or the carrier you have. Look it up online
0 Likes
Usf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thank you, man.

I've gone to my carrier. They tried all they could do, including changing SIM card, bit the problem is still there.

I'm using Samsung message. I'm using Samsung phone
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That's ur problem. Switch to Google for both and I bet it fixes it. I use to not get text from people switched to Google messages problem solved instantly
0 Likes
Usf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just downloaded Google Message now. I just received a text message sent by my friend. I hope it keeps working.

But I can't find an App from Google for calls. What's the name of the App?
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Google messages is the way to go. And Google phone was already on my phone when I got it. I have a s21 ultra. Google.phone is a blue icon and Samsung phone is a green icon
0 Likes
Usf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yeah, Google Messages App is working well now. But Google Phone App isn't working. I still do not receive calls.
0 Likes
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I really thought they both would work. I don't know what can be the problem other than taking it to someone a professional to look at or buy a new phone . Both u shouldn't have to do but if it doesn't work it doesn't work
0 Likes
Angel00731
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi. Check if the problem is when wifi is on or try to triangulation of antennas near you connection
0 Likes