cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

Can't send text messages on Samsung Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can receive texts but now all my outgoing texts go into Pending mode waiting on service. I use Pageplus(Verizon NW) and they had me put the phone in Airplane mode for 10 seconds and then back off. And sure enough.....it worked for about 30 seconds. I could send texts. But stopped again. This just started this week as far as I know. I have read that others have experienced this problem due to a firmware update in January 2019. 

Anyone here having this problem? Any fix or is texting a thing of the past with this phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

Re: Can't send text messages on Samsung Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another day and another day of texting problems. Woke up this morning and sent a test text and get a pending message. Dialed a 1-800 number and sure enough.....that frees up texting.

That does it for me as I can't trust this thing any longer. Who knows what other problems will soon follow. And when Samsung points fingers at the carrier and the carrier points fingers at Samsung.......well that is not a good thing. It basically means there is no permanent solution. I'm going with a new carrier and a different cell phone brand.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using the stock messaging app on your device?

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Always have. Had the phone for 6 months are so and it has worked fine up until this week.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier for further assistance.

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did. See my first post. It worked for a few seconds turning on airplane mode and then turning it off. But didn't last. Guess I'm just SOL.

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
BTW, I just contacted my carrier and they checked everything on their end and said it was all set up properly with them. Said it had to be something messed up in settings on the phone. I have read that updates on the phone can cause issues. Is there anyway to check to see if that happened?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried sending a text message while the device is in safe mode?

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just tried. Same thing. Pending and no signal found for mobile carrier. Of course I can make phone calls so a signal is there with the carrier.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you already tried a factory reset on the device?

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Haven't done that. What all do i lose if I do so?