cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can't send text messages on Samsung Galaxy S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A full factory reset will delete all your personal settings and data. We do advise you back everything up to a Samsung or Google account prior to resetting the device.

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm just dumb. I have the switches turned on for backup but how do I know my data has actually been backed up? There is no command that I can find to backup all on demand. Am I to assume that it has been done automatically?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using smart switch to back up your device? 

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It's suppose to have an auto backup if that is what you mean. I did finally get all my contacts backed up to Google this morning. Within the last hour texting is now working. Has to have been something fouled up on Pageplus side as I have done nothing to clear up the problem. Will monitor over the next few days. I had just about made up my mind to convert to At&t and buy one of their phones. I want to be able to go by a store and get help instead of having to go to forum boards and chat sessions for help. Too old for this mess.
usernyCOgimuCu
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here! If I do airplane mode toggle, it works again for a minute but stops. Another (faster) fix I've found is to call someone. I usually just call a 1-800 number and then hang up as soon as it rings, but it somehow reconnects it to the network and then all my pending texts go through and I usually get a bunch of texts that I assume have been waiting for my phone to connect.

It's really annoying! Why is this happening???

I've tried clearing the cache (no help), and tried a factory reset (helped for a few days but problem is back now). 

It seems like for some reason my phone isn't staying connected to the network and I don't know how to permanently fix it. I've got a Galaxy s7 through Sprint.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernyCOgimuCu I would recommend reaching out directly to your carrier for assistance with staying connected to their network.

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah ha......that is exactly what happened today. I called a 1-800 number for a brief moment and soon there after my messages went through. Plus receiving some. The above poster uses Sprint and I use Pageplus(Verizon). Looks to me as if this is a phone problem to be happening with 2 different carriers. Guess I need to be making more phone calls to keep texts running smooth. Ha.

MSDOGS1976
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Another day and another day of texting problems. Woke up this morning and sent a test text and get a pending message. Dialed a 1-800 number and sure enough.....that frees up texting.

That does it for me as I can't trust this thing any longer. Who knows what other problems will soon follow. And when Samsung points fingers at the carrier and the carrier points fingers at Samsung.......well that is not a good thing. It basically means there is no permanent solution. I'm going with a new carrier and a different cell phone brand.

View solution in original post

userQytXKXwoig
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue, first of April.  AT&T put me in touch with Samsung tech support, who had me do a reset on my network settings.  Wiped out all my wifi passwords, but did let me send text messages without beign on mobile data- for about a week.

About to reach out to AT&T to see if I can get an early upgrade and get out of these Samsung and go back to my LG phones.  Never had issues like this with my LG or my wife's HTC.......