Original topic:

Cannnot Setup Samsung Default Email App

(Topic created on: 4/6/21 6:48 PM)
Members_BtkfImA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Samsung S9 galaxy.  I have been using the default email app for several years to send/receive with email address on Centurylink.net.

However, a few days ago it was not receiving emails and a Samsung support person told me to "Delete Data" and I would just need to re-login to email on my phone.  However, since then when I tap email icon it says "Set up Email" and offers 6 icons.

I have since worked with at support at both Samsung and Centurylink.net to try to get it set up.  Each has me check and try a few things and then says I need to contact the other one - several rounds of this.

I am able to use my email address and password to access my email on centurylink.net with Firefox, so I know the address and password are correct.   In fact I  paste them in to be sure I am using the same for web site and on my phone.

I also have MS Outlook working with that email address on my desktop PC.

Incoming Server:  POP: pop.centurylink.net  Port 995, Security:  SSL

Outgoing Server:  SMTP:  smtp.centurylink.net,  Port 587,  Security TLS

The error  message I get in Samsung email is as follows:

"Couldn't verify account    The username or password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP access isn't tuned on for this account.  Check your email account settings on the web, then try again."

Centurylink says there are no settings that need to be turned on on their web site.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Marvin Bergeleen

0 Likes
3 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Connect to Wi-Fi, and try it all again. I had the same issue and it turned out to be my carrier
0 Likes
jesuslovesyou
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Pop3 and imap settings are no longer safe protocols for email. Security issue. Thosr were invented when internet first arrived
0 Likes
userSSgh48Uv8F
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I had the same issue and was able to connect through the manual setup. However I am still unable to see folders I created on my comcast account.
0 Likes