cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pandora518
Constellation

Cannot Send Photos from My New S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please help.  I have had Galaxy S3, S5, and now I have the S7 Verizon phone.  I have never had an issue sharing (via email or Facebook) photos until I got the S7.  Of the ~70 photos I've taken I've only been able to share TWO.  Every other try results in "sending failed" or "upload failed."  The S7's photo files are actually smaller than those of the S5, and my internet provider certainly doesn't block file sizes of 1-4 MB.  I've tried saving photos as smaller file sizes, too, but nothing seems to make a difference.  What setting(s) might I try changing?  I'm running the most current OS.  The S7's camera is awesome but that does me no good if I can't view the photos on anything but the phone.  TIA.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ed82
Asteroid

Re: Cannot Send Photos from My New S7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Figured this out- it is not a phone issue.  Not sure how, but my contacts got jacked up in Outlook and that was my problem.  Thanks for the suggestions --  I went through an error message I got this morning and got it figured out.

Thanks for the comments.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tested sending a photo via email when connected to WiFi? Just to isolate cell network issue.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Pandora518
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you; yes, I have.  Makes no difference.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
This is unusual. Have you ran a speed test? Install speed test app and see what network speed you have. Do you run any security or anti virus, parental protection.....?

Pandora518
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Yes: ping is 23ms; download speed is 37.57Mbps and upload is 5.68Mbps on wifi.  Not running any security or parental controls.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So network is not an issue. I dont think it has to do with file size because the photos from these phones is not above the limits of gmail or facebook. 

So can you see if you can attach a photo to this thread (for testing)? Can you take a screenshot of error message adn post that too?

Mirzabaig
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing the same **bleep**ty situation and now i am regretting to buy this phone,, i was happy with iphone

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, Pandora518. Thank for being part of the Samsung Community. We appreciate your active participation and would recommend including additional information about the device in question. This would include the model number, carrier, when you began experiencing this, and any other additional information you may think important. This will allow the community to better respond to your inquiry and provide greater solutions. 

Ed82
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did anyone figure out this issue?  I can not send pics from phone to e-mail - I have resized to small or lowest quality and still does not work.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How are you trying to send the photos from phone? Please be very specific. What app are you trying to use? What is the issue/error? your comment is very generic and you assume that everyone knows about this problem. Please be detailed.