Original topic:

Cannot connect to Bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S10

(Topic created: 08-21-2021 05:07 PM)
userNnGqfmdfOQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I  HAVE A SAMSUNG GALAXY S10 A11 ANDRIOD PHONE ANS AND I CAN NOT CONNECT TO MY BLUE TOOTH DEVICE WHY NOT 

2 Replies
rkw6086
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Curious, have you tried restarting your phone?

If so, can you screenshot your Bluetooth settings and post here?
0 Likes
SamBoogee16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Toggle OFF the Bluetooth on your phone. Then turn OFF the Bluetooth on the other device as well...(I do not know what the other device is but I'm assuming it is a speaker, headphones/ear buds, tablet or whatever).Then RESTART your phone(do not power it off). If there is a RESTART feature on the other device, RESTART it as well. If there is no RESTART feature on the other device, POWER it OFF. After 2 mins...POWER ON the other device(whatever it is) and toggle ON the Bluetooth. Next...go to your phone and toggle ON the Bluetooth from the SETTINGS menu(do not toggle ON Bluetooth from the pull down shade. That is the quicker way to toggle on/off the Bluetooth but sometimes it can be a little finicky). From the SETTINGS menu, go to CONNECTIONS and toggle ON Bluetooth. At this point your phone will start scanning for a device to connect to. Once it finds the other device you are trying to connect to...PAIR them together. Usually a number code will pop up to link the two devices together. Your phone and other device is now connected via Bluetooth. 😉
0 Likes