Original topic:

Cannot delete items from clipboard

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 9:16 AM)
userU6S1Tt1cfG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Since the last security update, I cannot delete some items from my clipboard. Some messages in the clipboard are beyond deletion, when I try to delete I get the following message: "Security polilcy prevents you from selecting this item". It is very annoying and worrying, how come anyone chooses what I can and cannot selct on my own clipboard. I tried everything possible in the security parameters of the device but to no avail. Did anyone encounter such a problem and can you suggest a solution. I can add the following: since I have dual chips I have installed dual WhatsApp, the messages that cannot be deleted come strictly from one the dual WhatsApp accounts which I have. 

13 Replies
useraqyhOcWr23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have just installed the security update and get the same message. I do not have whatsap.  Somebody screw.. up..

SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user3wDuJ7E9KT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i am also facing the same issue on my samsung s20 ultra mobile

0 Likes
userC9FkhhSPZp
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My s10 is exactly the same....thing....grrr...

0 Likes
usernvFIiPxZNt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Please give me solutions steps, on Samsung S10+, 20210112_172813.jpghow can I delete clipboard text which I have written ?! How is this error when I try to delete and message is appearing , security policy prevents you from selecting this item,  what is this and why ?!!! The problem is when copy text from dual app as what's upp dual messenger,  this error is unknown and  solution is still unidentified Screenshot_20210114-002251_Samsung Internet.jpg

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

0 Likes
usernvFIiPxZNt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Really this is very surprising and annoying,  How is Samsung software unaware with such these errors?!!!

0 Likes
useraqyhOcWr23
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Apparently the update changed security settings.

Try going to secure folder settings and tap the 3buttons. . Click on notifications and data. Turn off the two buttons under Data to Display. See if that helps.

userEwTJahVwBJ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Exactly. Just open the secure folder, select a chat app, open the clipboard and then delete everything.

0 Likes
GregB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I had same problem.

SOLVED

CAUSE: The clipboard edit pencil is covering the delete trash can.

SOLUTION: Drag the edit pencil to another location, thus uncovering with delete trash can.

0 Likes