Original topic:

Cannot get SmartThings app on S7 phone to recognize my Samsung TV for screen sharing

(Topic created on: 1/22/21 12:23 PM)
ferrarabrainpan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I spent close to two hours yesterday trying to get things set up on my Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930A Android Phone and my Samsung UN43NU7100FXZA 43" 4K UHD TV to enable screen sharing (or mirroring so that phone screen can be seen on my TV). I updated the SmartThings app on the phone, I searched and confirmed the the TV model is supported, I made sure I am signed in to my Samsung account on both phone and TV and both are powered on, I made sure both are on the same wifi network. No go. Says "network error, try again later" when I try to find my TV on my phone. Pretty sure the issue is TV device not being recognized... although it does recognize a different Samsung TV in the home on the shared wifi network, but that's my housemate's TV and I want to share screen on my TV not their TV. Is there some setting I need to make on my TV, or phone, or wifi settings somewhere to fix this?

As a workaround I looked into getting a DEX or USB to HDMI cable so I can view my phone screen on my TV via wired connection instead of wifi, but the S7 phone has a micro USB port and all the adapter cables are USB-C to HDMI so that won't work, either. I don't want to have to buy a new phone with USB-C just so I can share the screen on my TV. I like my old phone just fine. Please advise if you can...

0 Likes
1 Reply
userbGPYb7aMji
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same issue. When I go into settings and click on mobile device, the television appears in available devices but when I press on the option and enter the code into the phone the television does not give me the option to accept... it just says DENY... This just started happening out of the blue... so frustrating!
0 Likes