cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Cannot open gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Would you please tell us your baseband version as well your current Android OS system? This can be found in the settings > about Device> Baseband.

Anasmomm
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@samsung Juan heres a screenshot

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Anasmomm

I know this is not solving the problem with Gallery but may I recommend a new approach.

Save all your photos to Google Photos. Use Google photos to create Albums and tag faces and all that. This will remove your dependency on your phone and allows you to quickly be able to switch to another phone without any worry about your photos getting lost and will allow you to view your photos on Computer too (same Album structure and all). Then additionally if you ever use Chromecast device with your TV, you can have your photos as Slideshow. 

On Saving Photos to Google: You have the option to save photos in Standard Res (unlimited Storage) or High Res (5gb free and then you need to buy space from Goog). Depending on how you do it, you may then want to remove the original photo from your phone or keep them on your phone and when the phone storage is filled download them all to a PC for safe keeping. 

You can set that all your photos are uploaded with Privacy set to only be visible by you. You can create albums and Google creates Albums for you from Events too (you can turn that off). It is pretty cool.

All these settings are in Google Photos App. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Anasmomm
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Superman. Thank you for your suggestion. Im using that app now, and fairly happy with it. Im determined to fix the issue as well. I enjoy working through problems like the one on having now. Feel free to keep addinh any input you think may help. Im willing to try just about anything. Smiley Happy
bootsc06
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Will Samsung fix this issue or are we forced to use the Google Photo app permanently? I prefer not to have to do that.

bootsc06
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Superman Will Samsung fix this issue or are we forced to use the Google Photo app permanently? I prefer not to have to do that.
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Well I don't know what Samsung is going to do.
There are some posts on internet about how others have fixed this. Google the error message and you will find them.
One of them says turning off Tag buddy feature in camera app fixed the gallery. Try it.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

bootsc06
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I don't have the Tag Buddy feature as an option. I have the Note 5. :/
RandyDavis
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That happened to me also after doing the update NEVER AGAIN! anyway I took some advice here to clear cache... that deleted 194 photos from my phone NEVER AGAIN. THEN I called Samsung and this is what they told me to do:  It worked btw.

Go to settings

Go to about phone

Tap build number 7 times (this turns developer options on)

Go to developer options then USB configuration

Select PTP (picture transfer protocol)

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for sharing that, @RandyDavis!  

Has this worked for anyone else?