Constellation

Re: Cannot open gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just tried this and it does not work

Anasmomm
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes! Im no longer having the issue i originally made this thread about.

Anasmomm
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes! This worked for me.
bootsc06
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was getting the same error whenever I tried to open up the Gallery app on my phone after the Marshamallow update. After clearing cache, clearing data, and Force Stopping the app, i was able to get the app to open. I them tried to view my photos under the "Album" category in the Gallery and that caused the error to come up again. Once again, I cleared cache, cleared date, and force stopped the app > re-opened app > saw photos can be viewed if the "Time"  category. If I try to view them by "Album", I get the error message.

What gives???

Anasmomm
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No idea boots...im using google photos for the time being. Im glad to hear im not the only one experiencing this issue. 

bootsc06
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I cannot find anywhere on the web about how to permanently/properly fix this issue. My only solution is to never try to filter my photos by "Album"...which is annoying as I definitely used folders to organize my photos. :/
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys! Thanks for adding to this thread. We've submitted this problem to our lab technicians in attempts to recreate the problem.

The more information we can provide the technicians, the better, so if any of you that are experiencing this problem would like to submit your data, there's a few things I know they'll want to know: 

1) Model number, Carrier, Baseband Version

2) Does this still happen in Safe Mode?  http://bit.ly/1vkcs06

3) Have you tried clearing the Cache Partition? http://bit.ly/1VBUZfx

4) Have you reflashed or factory reset your device? (AFTER BACKING UP!)

If there's any other things you've tried, let us know that too! 

Wendy22
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ive tried all of the above listed. Ramdomly my gallery stops and then i can access it within couple days then same thing again. 

Im over this phone. Samsung 7

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for letting us know, @Wendy22. We appreciate you sharing your experience with the Community and apologize for the frustration. 

Did you happen to restore your data back onto the device after performing the factory reset? If so, this may be why the problem persists. The root cause may be something within the content/data on your phone. I would advise resetting the phone again, NOT restoring your data & manually adding your photos back onto the phone and see if the Gallery will launch then. Hope this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Wendy22 if you decide NOT to reset the phone, just use Google Photos or ESExplorer or many many other Photo viewing apps in the market. I am not sure why you are so attached to Gallery app. It is a good app but is not that amazing. Smiley Happy

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.