Original topic:

Cannot update samsung s8

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 01:14 PM)
usergqX0nIfP0C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

hi.. i just opened my new samsung s8 and it seems it cannot update the software 

i'm getting 

"your current software version isn't supported current version G950FXXU3DSC7" 

more importantly when attempting to install the hardware keyboard on it it doesn't seem to recognize it even though the keyboard works on another phone. 

it's EXTRMELY important to have this keyboard working and i suspect this is a software issue not a hardware one. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous722
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
S8 stopped receiving updates a while ago if you tried to force a firmware update or force flash it thats not compatible it can cause major problems with your phone
usergqX0nIfP0C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

i'm not sure that's the case because my other s8 has android 9 on it. i actually don't care what version it runs as long as i get the hardware keyboard to work with it, otherwise i'll just use it for spare parts for my old s8, if i need i'll try even burn a new custom rom on it .

i've remember having this issue in the past when i tried getting a new s8, like a year and a half ago, i tried replacing with a different copy, but the same thing happened again. i think it has something to do with region

0 Likes
Njdan30
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try to update with smart switch app with a laptop or PC
0 Likes
usergqX0nIfP0C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

smart switch says "failed to connect to device please disconnect the cable and try again" (using stock cable

0 Likes
Samsung_IKu7F5i
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
possibly try using wifi. apparently some updates only work threw wifi. even though I have it set to update with mobile data or wifi. but let me update 7 different apps I couldn't before
0 Likes