cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Cant LogIn on samsung account to restore phone

Hello everyone,

Today I was having issue with my S6 and saw a recommendation to do a factory reset. So I backed up my phone. After doing the factory reset, it was time to do a restore but when I try lo login to my account, I could not log in and it just keep timing out. I know I entered the right password coz if I retry and intentionally type a wrong password, it gives me an error "wrong userid or password". What am I missing?

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Cant LogIn on samsung account to restore phone

If your account is backed up to your gmail account, that can be another way of accessing your account and to restore your backup! So just try signing into your google account if it gives you that option. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I backed it up only using samsung account. I guess next time it will be a good idea to back it up on both

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello,

how long have you waited to go past it? It may take a little while to log in.

Also, is your wifi connection good?

Highlighted
Constellation

its been 24 hrs now and still the same. Wifi connection is good but I also tried disabling wifi and use phone data with no luck. I've been chatting with support. They've asked me to do several things with no success, from wiping out cache, resetting settings, doing hard reset again. Nothing

They asked me to create a test account and try to log in. That works just fine

Anyways, when I try to log in, windows will pop up "in progress" "signing in" and then disappears and that's it.  It takes about 5 seconds and I'm back to log in screen.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, I have the exact same issue!

I did a factory reset on my S6 Edge and when I try to sign in with the correct details it pops me back to the same screen after the "in progress" signing in message.

When I type the wrong password it says "wrong password" and I have to enter the PW again.

Would appreciate if anyone had any ideas for this issue - I am only able to sign in using my Samsung account.

Highlighted
Constellation

What happens if I were to remove my Galaxy S6 Edge from my google account I'm signed in to on the factory reset phone through my pc, will my S6 keep asking me to log in to my google account after my factory reset?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Which of the account are you talking about??

Highlighted
Constellation

The Samsung Account

Highlighted
Astronaut

If you are so sure about the password try using VPN on your phone.