Original topic:

Cast an s8 ultra to lg tv

(Topic created: 07-25-2022 12:51 PM)
CRC13
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Hello,

I was hoping someone could give me some help/ tips on how to cast my s8 ultra tab to my smart LG tv? I am particularly wanting to cast movies/TV from my Google TV app.

Any help will be greatly received. 

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Tablets
Although I usually use the default casting option for videos, it doesn't always work on other apps. I have this screen mirroring app from the galaxy store. It's very simple to use.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=screenmirroring.screencast.screen.mirroring.sam...Screenshot_20220725-220740_Galaxy Store.jpg

View solution in context

9 Replies
saulsetton
Comet
Options
Tablets
Are they both connected to THE SAME wifi
0 Likes
CRC13
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

yes

0 Likes
saulsetton
Comet
Options
Tablets
So go in google TV and press the cast icon in a movie then tap ur tv
0 Likes
CRC13
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

That's what's halting me in my tracks...there's no cast icon

0 Likes
saulsetton
Comet
Options
Tablets
So maybe you can try smart view
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

@CRC13 Without knowing the capabilities of your "smart LG TV" I would suggest connecting a Chromecast device to your TV. Then you certainly will be able to cast from Google TV to the device. 

Tidbitty
Supernova
Options
Tablets
If your TV supports miracast you can just use smartview when you turn on screenshare on your TV
Solution
Options
Tablets
Although I usually use the default casting option for videos, it doesn't always work on other apps. I have this screen mirroring app from the galaxy store. It's very simple to use.
https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=screenmirroring.screencast.screen.mirroring.sam...Screenshot_20220725-220740_Galaxy Store.jpg
CRC13
Asteroid
Options
Tablets

Thanks everyone, all extremely helpful suggestions and everyone I've tried so far have worked. Very grateful to you all. I also learned that movies/ TV shows purchased in Google play are also saved to you tube library so that's helpful too.

This is the first tablet I've ever owned but also first Samsung/ android device so I am learning a lot! 

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

0 Likes