JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Categories deleted in notification settings

(Topic created: 12-02-2020 12:37 PM)
sbunny87
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Categories deleted...at bottom of screenCategories deleted...at bottom of screenSo  this is under settings and notifications. Under each app there is randomly categories deleted showing at the bottom. I am unable to click on it to maybe pop something up or let me know what it means. So I would like to know what exactly this categories deleted means and how in the world can I tell which categories were deleted.

19 Replies
Darsee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I haven't finished reading this yet but I'm excited too because I am going through the exact same thing and I'm very curious as to why it shows categories deleted
mayo1981
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I would like to delete a category that is a contact on my phone in my app messaging notification category...how do I do that???
techrn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
my messages app won't show notifications on home screen
userBlpB6ofYFZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
mine either or my phone calls did you figure it out
SharkyBoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
so does anyone know how to re-download those deleted categories?
aajj99
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This worked on my new S21plus.

I use Textra texting app.  Wanted to have my own notification sound, but there was no "Ringtone" option.   Instead, bottom line said 5 categories deleted.   But app needs access to "Storage" in order to work.   I found this solution on another forum:  "go into settings > apps > 3 dots upper right corner tap it > go to reset app preferences".   "Ringtone" now appears, can set any desired ringtone for text notifications.   IT WORKS!!! 

JOHN291
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

android 11 notification categories deleted

Very informative,  tells you what you want to know.  It would be sensible to have a log file pop up when you press on the delete so that it would help you know which files had been deleted  so you aren't looking for files that no longer exist. Thank you 

Anav
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
how do I get the icon app to show I have messages? I get txt messages but the app doesn't show it. all my other apps show a little circle showing I have msgs. I have a Samsung galaxy 20 note
0 Likes
Chilledout
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine is the same!
0 Likes
Dena0110
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
somehow I deleted something that sends notifications for texts. not sure how I did it, or how to undo it. help?