cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Change text color - Specifically when in Settings.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whoever thought that having white text against a white background seriously needs to reconsider this choice.

It is absolutely infuriating to try to read settings and whatnot when the text literally blends in with the background.

For example, when I go to block someone's number the option to do so is literally WHITE text, against a WHITE background. I do not want INVISIBLE TEXT!!!!!! It was like I was playing a game of scavenger hunt on my phone!

Short of adding some mighty colorful language about whoever had overtsight about this, I would simply like to say - please fix this mistake.

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Change text color - Specifically when in Settings.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried changing the theme of your phone?

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry to hear this issue is going on, could you provide me with the model of the phone?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I have the Galaxy S7.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy 8+ it is infuriating. I cannot see the numbers ice actually downloaded another calculator app. Please fix!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useruT6IFBCh8D Do you have a theme on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same issue has happened with me, but this is on my note 8

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQYbkgGh7vx wrote:

Whoever thought that having white text against a white background seriously needs to reconsider this choice.

It is absolutely infuriating to try to read settings and whatnot when the text literally blends in with the background.

For example, when I go to block someone's number the option to do so is literally WHITE text, against a WHITE background. I do not want INVISIBLE TEXT!!!!!! It was like I was playing a game of scavenger hunt on my phone!

Short of adding some mighty colorful language about whoever had overtsight about this, I would simply like to say - please fix this mistake.

Thank you

There are many options for text and background settings to suit you. 😢 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this a try.

Choose "Settings," and select the "Advanced" tab. Touch "Appearance Settings," and then select "Conversation Customization"

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went to "Advanced Settings", and there's nothing that says "Conversation Customization".

I think I know where you were headed though. The font size, color, etc. is fine when texting.

For example what I'm trying to get at is this: Let's say I wanted to add an event to my calendar. I choose to add a reminder option to it, and when I do all the selections are white against a white background. It's like this for all programs like Calendar, Clock, various Samsung Setting options - basically anything that came preloaded onto the phone/ already coded into it. How do I change the settings for that kind of stuff?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code,  baseband version, and carrier information?