JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Change text color - Specifically when in Settings.

(Topic created on: 6/19/18 5:22 PM)
userQYbkgGh7vx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whoever thought that having white text against a white background seriously needs to reconsider this choice.

It is absolutely infuriating to try to read settings and whatnot when the text literally blends in with the background.

For example, when I go to block someone's number the option to do so is literally WHITE text, against a WHITE background. I do not want INVISIBLE TEXT!!!!!! It was like I was playing a game of scavenger hunt on my phone!

Short of adding some mighty colorful language about whoever had overtsight about this, I would simply like to say - please fix this mistake.

Thank you

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userQYbkgGh7vx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Model Numer - SM-G930V

Serial Number - <edited>

Baseband (OS?) - Oreo 8.0

---------

Hopefully this a clearer example of the text problem -  When I go to view someone who called me I go to Phone -> Tap on number that called me -> Details -> Then everything on the screen is white except for a blue background at the very top where nothing is written

Does theme affect this at all?

0 Likes
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Your baseband version is located in settings > about phone. Can I also get your carrier information?

0 Likes
userQYbkgGh7vx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Apologies - My carrier is Verizon Wireless.

Baseband Version is G930VVRU4CRE5

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried changing the theme of your phone?

View solution in context

usernm1XB4nQbp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I paid for a theme I really like. I shouldn't have to change my theme based on a "fix."

userDgTmiddpNY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a way to only change the colour of icon text to black? 

I don't want to apply a theme, and the ones the I find good also have white text.

I just can't believe the only way it is setting a whole new theme. 

My device is galaxy S9

0 Likes
userStTktQhRJQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I would just simply like to change the color from white text to black with no high contrast on or off and not having to change themes. Was simple on my 2015 HTC phone but finding that this latest and greatest Samsung s20 literally has less then 1/4 of the customization capabilities that the HTC has. I just want to change font color on the home screen icons.

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Checking in to see if you still need any assistance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQYbkgGh7vx
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow, yeah it was the theme.......

Haha, I can't believe how simple that was.

I know you've been keeping tabs on this for awhile so I want to say thank you Larry - sincerely, thanks for keeping with it.

SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Not a problem. Please feel free to post anytime!

0 Likes