JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Changing text msg sound

(Topic created on: 7/7/20 8:54 AM)
MacW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just bought the Samsung galaxy s10e and have been attempting to set up the text notification sound so it's different from the other notification sounds such as email or updates. Anyone know how to do this? Does it seem that, as these phones progress, we have less options for personalization?

4 Replies
Solution
KnightRalph316
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You should be able to change your text notification tones. Go into your messages then click on the 3 dots and go into settings then notifications then New Messages and General Notifications and you can assign a tone for your texts messages.

View solution in context

0 Likes
Bradissa
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I switched from the s7 to the s10e and have problems to.
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MacW @Bradissa @KnightRalph316 

Change the notification tone for the Messages app:

Settings >> Notifications >> Tap on Messages app >> Tap on the Notification you want to change tone for >> Tap on the sound section >> Change to your preferred sound.

--

Please click " ✓ Accept as Solution" if this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. Click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

Notification emails do not accept replies. Login to the community to respond to this thread.
0 Likes
MacW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Knight & John: Thank you for your response and assistance. I guess I'll have to DL a text msg notification app because I'm not fond of the options available and I can't use my music apps for the text notification. I'm also not fond of how it's set up. As far as I can tell, I can't customize the text sound unless I have a saved msg from that contact. Any texts from ppl not in my contacts still come through with same notification sound as my emails, etc. Same with contacts I haven't received or sent a text to. It's quite annoying! Any suggestions?
0 Likes