cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNUPzg9OWk9
Asteroid

Charger opening apps and advertisements

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Everytime i connect my samsung s7 to a new charging cable, some advertisments open and by itself opens Chrome and gets into a malware page, how can i get rid of that if I have tried buying new chargers and clearing chrome data and cellphone data and nothing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Charger opening apps and advertisements

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like you may have a third party application installed that is causing this. The easiest way to check if this is the case would be to boot the phone into safe mode and see if the ads come up then. If they don't you have an application installed that is causing this. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It sounds like you may have a third party application installed that is causing this. The easiest way to check if this is the case would be to boot the phone into safe mode and see if the ads come up then. If they don't you have an application installed that is causing this. 

View solution in original post

userNUPzg9OWk9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I will give it a try

userNUPzg9OWk9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the help, i tried doing the safe mode and  nothing i cleared my cache recovery mode and  nothing, it only happens when i connect it to the charging cable, it is annoying idk what else to do

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When you put your device in safe mode and once in safe mode plug in the charging cable do you experience the same symptoms?