Original topic:

Charger sometimes does "slow charging" on S105G

(Topic created: 08-30-2022 10:21 AM)
SlickRCBD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Why do I sometimes get "slow charging" and other times it will fast charge? I didn't have this issue with my Samsung Galaxy S9, but the S10 5G I replaced it with this year due to the 3g towers being shut down will sometimes insist on "slow charging" with both my car charger and the one in the house, usually according to Murphy's Law.

If I come home from work and the phone is low on charge and plug it in, it will quick charge.

If on the other hand I forget to charge my phone and realize I've got 31% power 45 minutes before I have to leave, it will use "slow charging" no matter what I do even though the settings say "fast charging" is enabled. I've even tried turning them off.

What controls this and how can I make it slow charge overnight and fast charge when I'm pressed for time instead of the other way around? It seems Murphy decides if it uses slow or fast charging.

My 2amp car charger also slow charges when I'm on the way to work if I'm low on power, but will fast charge if I'm on my way home with no plans for the night but need to use GasBuddy to look up gas prices when I'm at 15% power.

2 Replies
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hey there, I hope you're doing well.

I see this happen occasionally and I have to say, it can be annoying. This mostly happens when I'm driving.

What I've found is that it's usually the charger. Either the cable or power supply. I'd suggest maybe trying out a new charging cable as well as possibly a new power supply for the car and home.

You can also check your charging port and make sure it's clean and lint/dust free.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Sirrr
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No it doesn't help I've bought new everything and it still does it
0 Likes