JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Charging Port Burned out After Installing the New Update

(Topic created: 08-20-2020 04:30 PM)
userg8s8JX18DR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Unfortunatly yesterday I got a notification to install the new update and after I finished I plugged the device to the charger and after while (20min) I smelled a burning smell and then after looking for that smell I found out it is my Galaxy S10 Plus, I unplugged the charger and got my finger burned as it was extremly hot, then I waited for a while and restarted the phone but unfortunatly the charging port get hot immediatly after I plugged to the phone and not charging as well, I am using the wireless QI charger now.

I tried to contact the customer service but no body could help me as I bought that device from Panama last year and I live in Canada, the canadian customer service advice me to contact panama one and panama advice me to contact canada , unfortunatly the after sale service is extremely the worse ever, SAMSUNG service in middle east much better, the charger is original and still working on my other mobile, the issue is completly from the update as I was charging normally before installing that update, 

This is my last SAMSUNG device will try something else,

Please if anyone has the same issue and could able to solve let me know, but pretty sure it can not be solved as the smoke came out of the charging port, defenitly something burned-out,

Thank you,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I apologize for your experience. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number so I may assist you further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I apologize for your experience. Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number so I may assist you further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
userg8s8JX18DR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I already respond to you via private msg

0 Likes
userg8s8JX18DR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi there,

Any update on my issues ?? 

0 Likes
userfyd6qgD3EG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have just encountered the exact same issue. My S10+ won't charge and burning smell came from the charging port. I have tried using different Samsung issued chargers, but it won't work too. 

Have you received any help from the Samsung Moderator?

0 Likes
userg8s8JX18DR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Did that happen after installing the software update ?

0 Likes
userfyd6qgD3EG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Yes, that was my first time charging the phone after the software update... 

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userfyd6qgD3EG Please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number of the phone so I may look into this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

0 Likes
annnavlis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
im having the same issue with my charger.
0 Likes
userg8s8JX18DR
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My friend dont waste your time Samsung are a big liar they called me and took all the information and pictures then they disappeared and even not responding my emails they are dealing unproffeasionaly,

0 Likes