cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeneralGe
Asteroid

Charging time indicator galaxy s5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  I am new to this forum thing so please forgive me if I am doing it wrong. I have a galaxy s5 fully updated. The problem I am having is that until yesterday (Oct 14) whenever I plugged my phone in to charge it would say on the lock screen how long until fully charged. I was going through the different areas on my phone to get a better understanding of it and maybe I changed something?  I went through all the different settings but can't find anything.  Please help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SamsungAsh
Galaxy

Re: Charging time indicator galaxy s5

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information.

According to your Baseband, your device is up to date. 

The device may not show this on the home screen now but you can still see this on the device.

You can see the time until the phone is fully charged by accessing the battery under Settings>Battery while the phone is on the charger.

If this is not what you meant, please let me and the community know. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @GeneralGe

We are glad that you decided to join the Community. We ask that you include additional information about your device, such as, the full model number, current baseband, if you have changed the launcher on your phone, and if you may have recently downloaded any applications. This will help the community to better understand and evaluate what you may be experiencing. 

GeneralGe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, my device model is SM-G900T

Android version 6.0.1

Baseband is G900TUVS1GPI1

I have only downloaded 2 applications. They are Avast mobile security and avast battery saver.

SamsungAsh
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that information.

According to your Baseband, your device is up to date. 

The device may not show this on the home screen now but you can still see this on the device.

You can see the time until the phone is fully charged by accessing the battery under Settings>Battery while the phone is on the charger.

If this is not what you meant, please let me and the community know. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

GeneralGe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,  thank you for that information.  I did try it and unfortunately it does not say how long until charged when I check it under battery as it is on the charger. When I first purchased the phone,  whenever I plugged it in it would say on the lock screen how long until fully charged.  It was a great feature and I would love to get it back

GeneralGe
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay so an update on this issue I just checked my phone battery section under settings and now it gives an estimated time until charged. it did not say this earlier when I first plugged it in all it said was USB charging. I'm not sure that is the exact saying as it was earlier but it did say USB. How do I get the estimated time until fully charged back on my lock screen thank you again for your help

SamsungAsh
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that update, GeneralGe.

I have tried to see if I could find where to add this feature but I couldn't.

It seems that this feature may have been removed by your carrier with the latest update.

I'm sorry that I was unable to give you the solution that you needed.

Hopefully there is an addition to this in the future.