Original topic:

Chat Features (RCS) on S21

(Topic created: 09-29-2022 08:18 PM)
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Does anyone know if S21 has a chat features (RCS) that allows one to like messages on the samsung messaging app?
22 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
It's not the phone that matters (mostly) ... it's the Chat app you're using

We use Google Messages, which has Chat (RCS)
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
So, I'm aware that the new Google Messages does exactly what I'm asking for but the issue is I don't want an external messaging app cos I've to download it to use it hence why I'm asking if the pre-installed Samsung messages app have the feature.
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Beginning with the S22 series phones, Samsung has decided that Google Messages is now the DEFAULT Chat app.

That might shed some light on the future of Sammy Messages.

And yes, Google Messages is a much better and more reliable Chat app
(even Samsung Moderators recommend switching to G Messages)
Screenshot_20220914-231927_Brave_29111_1663250543.jpg
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Really? Wow! That's a bummer. Quick question though I'm looking at the app on the Google play store and it's written there that "data can't be deleted" My question is do you know if one's data is stored in Google server or is it just a warning of "we are not in charge of your data."
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The data is not owned by the chat app provider.

That's why you can switch from Sammy Messages, or Google Messages , or Signal , or Textra .... and all your chats will be read and shown by each chat app

You can literally switch from one chat app to the other every day and all your chats will be shown
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
For Google Messages, I can clear the data, not sure if thats what you meant tho
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You know how Google can store your activities like location or browser history right? That's what i want to know if they store data from the Google Messages app, so your reply is on point. Where do you clear the data, on app settings or in the app itself? Thanks
0 Likes
Bee18
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S Phones
By the way, thanks for the info. 👍
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If this we're the case then they really should make it to where you can uninstall Samsung Messages, when I got my S22 Ultra, Google Messages was default for me, in my opinion, Samsung is better in a few ways, but right now my MMS doesn't automatically download so I had to switch to Google but even tho Samsung isn't default, it screws everything up with my Watch