Original topic:

Check charger/USB port

(Topic created: 06-15-2021 01:11 PM)
Babowman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Question: Can't clear the warning Check charger/USB port and therefore can't use USB to charge S10. Used compressed air to try and dry out/clean the port. Restarted phone. Let it sit for hours etc... nothing works so far. Checked the Sim slot, nothing in there. Any recommendations?
12 Replies
MadDuck
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Stupid question: did you try a different charger or cord?
0 Likes
Babowman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, both Samsung cords. Also tried to wipe cache, safe mode restart a few other tips I found in forums.
0 Likes
SnafubarJackhole
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try setting the phone in rice for 1-2 hours. Wife's phone did the same thing. Rice fixed it
CliffHanger69
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Watching closely
0 Likes
jessiejamezharris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Charge the bluetooth device with a wireless bluetooth phone charger that should charge it mine charges with a wireless charger
0 Likes
SuperControler
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Honestly just wait. Mine did that for a few days and went away on its own.
0 Likes
Babowman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm on week 2 and it's still hanging around. Bought a wireless charger and I'm finding that unreliable. It will appear to charge for about a minute then stops. Doesn't do that everytime but often enough. Especially annoying when that happens overnight.
Sarahw377
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm currently having the same problem what I do to get mine to charge and it's been working is turn your phone completely off then you hold the power button and the volume down key at the same time and plug the phone in until the logo starts coming on then let go
Babowman
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks for the idea. Tried it a few times but didn't work for me.