Original topic:

Chrome and applications not connecting to internet

(Topic created: 04-09-2021 08:25 AM)
Mobileletics
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Need assistance: has anyone had the following happen after the Google update to Android system WebView and Chrome on March 23rd?

Apps that use web content wont connect. 

Chrome says it is not connecting to internet or pages don't load

Microsoft apps wont update. Emails don't come in or teams does not refresh chats and calendar.

We have an MDM and this is affecting almost all of our devices. We have the Galaxy S series devices. I have tried to use the Android System WebView beta version and this does seem to stabilize the issue but I cant roll that out to all our users. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I am not sure how to reach out to Google to impress on them the business impact this is causing us.

3 Replies
green5178
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hi i am not saying this will fix your issue but did you see the below post?  Its talking about the system webview and chrome too

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/Multiple-Apps-Crashing-on-S21/m-p/1763431

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

0 Likes
Mobileletics
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

We did see this and this started happening even after the update that Google sent out that night. There are other issues reported by other users under the Android Systems WebView app in the Google Play Store. We have also installed the beta app on some of our support phones and it seems to be stabilizing. 

0 Likes
townclownthanks
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Im lost
0 Likes