Original topic:

Clear "location request" after 911 call

(Topic created on: 5/2/21 12:04 PM)
userhaLRFvpJhT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

How do I clear this? The only thing that works is rebooting my phone.

Why does this forum keep adding "bleeps" in places where there were no words? This is super annoying

69f8db1-1.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies
Shayshon
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hi there, as for the "bleeps" that happens when you either say something explicit or type something like "s p a m" and for the emergency request, did you try swiping it away?

Cheers,
Shayshon
userhaLRFvpJhT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Of course I tried swiping it I just said rebooting was the only thing that's worked.

This post threw a "bleep" after the word "phone". There was no word at all after "phone" it just threw a bleep in an empty space.

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

First thing you can try going into settings, apps, and look for Android Webview, Click on it and click on the three dots in the upper right and uninstall updates, Restart your device and see if this remedy your issue. This app had an update that has causing issues with a lot of devices lately.

if that doesn't work the second thing you can try is putting your device into safe mode and see if this still wont go away when clearing it. If it dose then its a 3rd party app interfering with your device. You can go into settings, apps, and clear the storage caches for all your apps, then restart your device. If that dose not work, Id back up all my data and Factory reset my device. This should fix your issue.

If none of this works then id suggest that you make an appointment with a Samsung Experience Store for the techs to run diagnostics or possibly repair your device. If you do not live near a Samsung Experience store your can look for a local Ubreakifix store  they are authorized by Samsung to use official parts and do repairs or you can call 1800 Samsung and mail in your device for a repair.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userhaLRFvpJhT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My phone was recently hard-reset and the issue persisted after that. This has been an issue going back to my S8. All your solutions either involve rebooting or are more complex than a reboot.

0 Likes
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you put the device into Safe mode you're able to test whether this is a App issue where you'd need to clear the caches or a issue with Corrupted data or a corrupted  system or carrier update 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.