Original topic:

Completely unresponsive/Bricked Galaxy s10e

(Topic created: 06-01-2021 05:24 PM)
usergOnZyZdnCO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I was using the phone(s10e) two days ago when it suddenly froze while I was using it. I held the power button until the screen shut off and it showed the android logo for a second, then turned off again. After that, the phone completely stopped working. I tried holding the power button for several time durations and nothing happened. I looked it up and was told that holding power and volume down for a while might work. I did that so many times for three days straight, doing different combinations of time and trying different techniques(even held it for a full 3 minutes a couple of times). I finally decided to try and boot into recovery mode yesterday(hold bixby and volume up, then power along with them). After trying all of the methods many many times, nothing has worked. I knew the phone was charged to about 30 percent when it froze, but even so, I have tried every method of charging it. Used the original charger, tried a usb-c to USB-c fast charger, tried connecting it to a computer, and tried wireless charging. I know that the phone is wireless charging because the indicator on my wireless charger is on. I know the phone battery has charge, but nothing has worked. I tried waiting it out, and no methods work. The phone doesn't vibrate, it doesn't make a sound, and the screen doesn't turn on. It is completely bricked after only a year of owning it. It has never had hard falls, and has been in a case w/screen protector the entire time so there aren't any scratches, cracks, or dents on it at all. It has never been in water or had water spilled on it. I have never had any problems with it in this entire time, the phone just suddenly died for no reason! No matter how hard I try, this thing is literally just a 600 dollar hunk of metal now after only a year and no fault to myself. I literally could have gotten the phone in the box next to it when I bought the phone a year ago, and I wouldn't have to deal with this. I just want someone to tell me that I can get this fixed or replaced somehow, because the burden of a defective unit should not be pushed onto the consumer like this.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When you pressed all those buttons for 3 days it may be possible that you performed a factory reset. Just a thought
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out.  I can certainly understand how frustrating a frozen device can be. When your phone freezes or crashes, it can be really nerve-racking. The good news is that this can probably be fixed without having to send your phone in for service. Performing simple actions like rebooting and updating the software are just a couple of the things you can do to prevent freezes and crashes in the future. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001416/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes