Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SPetrillo-US
Cosmic Ray

Contacts App Stops Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello all,

When I open the Contacts app I want to update my profile information. I hit Edit Profile and it comes up with a blank screen, with Cancel and Save at the top. It then fails, saying the App has stopped and I can restart it. I try to restart it but still no go.

I am running a T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge(SM-G953T). I am on Android 7.0, with the February security patches.

Thanks,

Steve

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Contacts App Stops Working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @SPetrillo-US. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @SPetrillo-US. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  4. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

SPetrillo-US
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearing the app cache and data did the trick. Contacts now is operating properly!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome! I'm glad to hear that things have cleared up.  Smiley Happy

user1GcrGJj3wy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All fixed!! Just had to clear voicemail. I had done ALL the recommended things. None had worked. Thank you!

user1GcrGJj3wy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clearing my voicemail (9) worked.