JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts: Favorites at top?

(Topic created: 08-23-2020 05:50 AM)
Pearson100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just upgraded from a Galaxy S6. In Contact, the names in Favorites ("starrred in gmail") appeared at the top. In the Contacts list in my new Galaxy S10e, the Favorites are at the bottom after all the individual names. Is there a way to sort this so Favorites appears at the top? (I'm using the default Contacts that I saw when I got my new phone).

Thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pearson100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It turns out that the default Samsung app is called Contacts and the Google app is also called Contacts (and their icons are nearly identical). I had the Google app on my old phone so I now have downloaded this one from the Google Play Store. I now have the Favorites at the top!

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@Pearson100

You mentioned the Gmail app and Favorite Contacts.

In the Gmail app when I create a new email and select the recipient using the contacts option it displays only my contacts that have an email address. It displays them alphabetically. No favorites there. 

In my Contacts app it displays all my contacts I have placed in the favorites group at the top of the page. 

If I remember correctly the first time I opened the contacts app after a factory data reset the favorite contacts were down near the bottom and I couldn't figure out what happened. After some time it reorganized and everything was back to normal with favorites at the top. 

I opened the contacts app settings menu and turned off Show Frequently Contacted. They display at the top.

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes
Solution
Pearson100
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It turns out that the default Samsung app is called Contacts and the Google app is also called Contacts (and their icons are nearly identical). I had the Google app on my old phone so I now have downloaded this one from the Google Play Store. I now have the Favorites at the top!

View solution in context

0 Likes