JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts won't sync with Hyundai Santa Fe Radio over bluetooth

(Topic created on: 4/22/18 6:30 PM)
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have a 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe GLS and my Galaxy S7 had no issues with syncing my contacts over bluetooth to the radio.  However since I got the Unlocked US Galaxy S9, the contacts won't sync to the radio.  Please fix this bug so I can use my handsfree dialing again with my car.  I should note that the call history does sync, just not my contacts.  I did tap to approve the contact download on the S9.  I also tried completely removing the phone from the radio and re-adding several times and it still isn't working.  It only shows "My Contact" which is my own number in my contacts list.  I have links to screenshots below.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The below steps fixed it for me on my S9 with my 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe!

Go to system settings>apps. Show all then click three dots to show system apps. Then find contacts storage and tap that. Then storage and clear app data. Then everything will update

View solution in context

14 Replies
userifBwbF449i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also have this same problem on my 2017 GMC Seirra except it does load a few of the contacts over just not all of them. My S7 worked fine

0 Likes
SDKevin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same problem here on S8 after Anxroid 8 update.  If it's not the vehicle as it happens on every car I drive. 

0 Likes
SDKevin
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I figured it out!  I'm using outlook   Had to manually change the apps permissions.  Gave it access to everything. I think local storage was the culprit.  Today everything sync'd to my car. 

0 Likes
Solution
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The below steps fixed it for me on my S9 with my 2015 Hyundai Santa Fe!

Go to system settings>apps. Show all then click three dots to show system apps. Then find contacts storage and tap that. Then storage and clear app data. Then everything will update

View solution in context

userQ8zJaLaHX3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just a question before I try this: If i press "clear data"- won't that erase all of my contacts?

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userQ8zJaLaHX3: When you select "Clear Data" it just clears the data the application used. It should not affect your contacts list. :)

0 Likes
userQ8zJaLaHX3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thank you

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're welcome. 

0 Likes
userQ8zJaLaHX3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

It did erase them. Not a happy customer! Will prob be my last samsung phone.

0 Likes