cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userY09VYy3ySm
Asteroid

Continuous Reboot and optimising apps 2 of 2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was watching a vlog on Youtube and for no reason the phone rebooted, it then started to power up. It then said "starting Android" and then "optimishg apps 2 of 2" after about 45 secs rebooted again and then went straight to "optimising apps 2 of 2" then it reboots and starts the same thing again. I have tried holding the power button and the volume down button but it does not reboot , I have also tried power button and volume up button but that also has no effect. It has now been in the loop for 3 days, each time the battery dies, I charge it and it stats the same loop again. Any ideas would be vastly appreciated. (Samsung Galaxy S6 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Continuous Reboot and optimising apps 2 of 2

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, it looks like you may need to use the volume down button, power button, and home button in order to perform a hard key factory reset on your S6. Could you give these steps a try and let me know if it helps?

1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
  3. When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
  4. Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
  5. Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
  6. Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
  7. After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there, it looks like you may need to use the volume down button, power button, and home button in order to perform a hard key factory reset on your S6. Could you give these steps a try and let me know if it helps?

1. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
  3. When the device powers on and displays ‘Power on logo’, release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
  4. Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
  5. Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, ‘wipe data/factory reset’ and press the Power key to select it.
  6. Press the Vol Down button again until the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
  7. After the reset is complete, highlight ‘Reboot system now’ and hit the Power key to restart the phone.

View solution in original post

userY09VYy3ySm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome sauce! I'm glad you're back up and running, let us know if you run into any more strangeness with your device.

userY09VYy3ySm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After only 2 weeks the problem is back, once I've reset it again how do I turn off optimisation so it doesnt happen again?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there,

Try giving these few steps a shot:

1. From a Home screen, navigate > Apps > Settings > Battery.
2. Tap MORE or the Menu icon (upper-right) then tap Optimize battery usage.
3. Tap the Dropdown menu (at the top) then tap All apps.
4. If preferred, tap the app switch(es) to turn on or off.

userY09VYy3ySm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When i try to follow the steps above, I dont have  a" MORE" or a "Menu icon" at the top in fact I dont have anything at the top other than "Back"

Also I have noticed the fault happens everytime my battery runs out. I then have to reset my phone 4 times now.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do you experience these symptoms with all apps or just specific apps?

userY09VYy3ySm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I dont know which apps it is, It only happens when my battery dies or after a restart of the phone it then just locks on optimizing app 2 of 2 then restarts itself after several minutes then gets stuck again with the same message then restarts again several minutes later. Once it starts you cannot restart or turn off the hone and can only let the battery die before I can factory reset.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried testing the device in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, etc) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!