cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfY9U3wVQi8
Constellation

Couldn't establish a secure connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Galaxy S3, Android 4.4.2.  When I'm on data and open wifi, I get the "couldn't establish a secure connection" on some websites.  I know it's the phone because I can access the same sites on other phones.  The date/time are correct.  I wiped the cache and rebooted.  It seems like I need to relax a security setting, but not sure where to look.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hellcat
Asteroid

Re: Couldn't establish a secure connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've  just installed Google Chrome from AppStore and now it works like a charm Smiley Wink (see screenshot)

I think it's a problem with the Android Browser.

Maybe I can fix this by reinstalling it but I guess I must be root to do that Smiley Wink 

I'll try this one of these days ...

Anyway, as for me I think that the issue is fixed: Its' definitely an Android Browser problem and it can be solved using Chrome 

Thanks for your support 

Best 

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you thought about looking into resetting your network settings as a whole? I believe this can be found in your Settings menu under the Reset option.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

userHvnzlJPDRN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userq8KriwzHKq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have attempted the fix for the secure connection issue...but, I am unable to sign in to device in the first place with any gmail account because it says that it cant find a secure connection.  The login info is correct.  The internet connection is good.  I am able to setup email on the device and read it. 

I cannot log into Google Play Store to download anything without the secure connection since it wont recognize my login info.  Now what?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Just a heads up, by resetting the network settings, it will remove all wi-fi and Bluetooth settings you currently have saved.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user8oSAFzhxzc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the SAME EXACT issue my GS5  recently stopped finding a WiFi connection then stopped being able to turn on AT ALL so Im broke & started using my GS3 but Im having the SAME issues to no avail- did you figure this out or can anyone help us out please?

usercfoHuHYM3Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here on GNote 2 while Samsung is fixing my GN4

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that you are seeing this behavior. Have you already attempted to clear your device's cache?

You can do that by following these steps:

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
3. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

Let us know if this helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usersK1Oe0MA83
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This didn't work for me.

i cleared the cache but it still says it can't establish a secure connection

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope you are doing well, I just wanted to drop by and see if there was anything I could help you with.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!