DJI GO On Samsung S7 Nougat

DJI GO On Samsung S7 Nougat

Hello Samsung Community.

I am having a bit of an issue with the DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung S7 Device w/ Nougat (7.0) - where the app will crash occasionally (and other odd behaviours). Reaching out to the DJI community seemed to be somewhat of a dead-end; and the response was it's a Samsung S7 issue. When attempting to probe a bit deeper; the support team didn't have answers except for 'go ask samsung.'

My question is, does anyone on the Samsung support team (or community) know why the DJI Go APP keeps crashing on this platform - since according to them, it's a Samsung S7 issue.? Also, does anyhow know any mitigations for this issue?

9 REPLIES
Honored Contributor

Re: DJI GO On Samsung S7 Nougat

I'm not too familiar with that app, nor have I seen any recent posts about anything similar. I know what it's for, and the fact you mentioned you're on Nougat makes me even more curious. Was it not crashing prior to your update by chance?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

I didn't have much experience with the DJI GO App and the previous android version. I got the device, I installed the companion app and then Nougat was installed a day or two later.

Some people on the DJI forums say that the previous version was better and this update caused the issue / some people say the issue has always been there. I'm not really sure what to believe. The moderators and support team from DJI claim it's a samsung issue - so I thought I would ask here incase anyone might have heard of this isssue.

It would be lovely to be able to rip open crash dumps to see what the issue really is.

Honored Contributor

Right? If they're pushing the blame over here, it very would could be something to do with the update. I'm going to do some more research about this in particular, see what I can find. This is the first time I'm hearing anything of this on these boards. In the meantime, if you get any new information from the DJI boards, feel free to post here, and if anyone else wants to shine some light on this, please do so.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Astronaut

I have just updated to Nougat on my S7, i will try get the drone out tonight and see if i get any problems with it and let you know

How's the app been treating you with the update?

Honored Contributor

I'm curious to know as well.

Astronaut

Nougat seems to be the problem, DJI GO 4 consistently crashes on my Galaxy S8 while the drone is in the air but works great on my old LG G3 running older OS. Many online forums reveal the problem is Nougat related and not just Samsung as many drone fliers are buying iPads or reverting back to marshmallow to get around the issue. The problem is I can't find any support for Android to address the issue, can Samsung help with that?

Cosmic Ray

Hi all, 

I am sad that I switched from iPhone 6S (used iOS since v1.0) to Galaxy S8.  The DJI Go 4 app while flying the Mavic Pro crashes about 3 times per flight.  I've flown it over 200 times on iPhone with a single crash.  

Galaxy S8 is the best that Samsung offers and Nougat is the best known OS for Android...right?

Don't let me get started about the stupid Gear 360 and its crashes with the app.  The desktop software is even worse.

And the GoPro Hero5 Session works wonky with the S8, too.

So...am I having some sort of S8 hardware issue and need a RMA?  Or is this what Android communities to have to deal with?  Thanks.

P.S. Oh...emails, phone calls, and texting work just fine.  LOL.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I've learned from other DJI Mavic Pro forums that everyone buys a dedicated iOS device (iPad or iPhone w/o SIM).

They either blame the DJI's poor software and/or Andoid's Nougat. How sad...sigh.