cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Dark mode and themes 2020

Okay so I have an issue. I want to use dark mode with my themes. The issue isnt that dark mode wont turn on, it's that it gets rid of the theme on certain screens. I'll attach pics. Is there a way to use dark mode WITHOUT affecting themes?? Thanks (using S10 plus btw)

Without:

Screenshot_20200425-125451_Phone.jpg

With dm:

Screenshot_20200425-130003_Phone.jpg

Without:

20200425_125639.jpg

With dm:

Screenshot_20200425-125936_Settings.jpg

Without my keyboard keeps the theme but its bright af:

Screenshot_20200425-125821_Samsung Internet.jpg

With:

Screenshot_20200425-125950_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Dark mode and themes 2020

I have the Star Wars Note 10+, which comes with an exclusive Star Wars theme, and we have been having the same problem. We reported this to Samsung in January and they assured us that they would fix the issue and update us. However we have heard nothing from them and the dark mode application with the theme is still broken. This is a major oversight and needs to be addressed ASAP.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

not quite unfortunately. Certain themes disable Dark Mode once they're applied to your phone and will even disable the dark mode option across native Samsung apps. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Just trying to up vote the request for themes to apply correctly and completely when dark mode is turned on. It's ridiculous and counter intuitive to have to have all the native Samsung apps glowing white in order to use one of the dark and beautiful themes we have paid for. I realize there could be some conflict issues with readability but better to buy a different theme that's designed better for dark mode than have to turn it off.