Original topic:

December update 2020

(Topic created: 12-24-2020 03:23 AM)
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

I found 225 mb of data stored in the my files app trash bin. They are dated December 23rd the day I installed the December 1st security update. There's an option to restore them but all my folders and files are intact so I emptied the trash. It will probably delete them in 30 days but if you're low on storage space you might want to take a look.

Best regards, 

CLF 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I received and installed the December 1 update this morning (on Xfinity Mobile), but have nothing in that same trash bin. Is it possible the update installer was supposed to purge itself after completion but for come reason did not on yours?

Dan
Galaxy S21 SM-G991U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic

View solution in context

3 Replies
Solution
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I received and installed the December 1 update this morning (on Xfinity Mobile), but have nothing in that same trash bin. Is it possible the update installer was supposed to purge itself after completion but for come reason did not on yours?

Dan
Galaxy S21 SM-G991U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic

View solution in context

CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@requa

Yes, I wasn't sure if this was strictly associated with the T-mobile update or a common occurrence with the December security update. I don't remember seeing it leave them behind with previous updates. I guess Strange things happen once in a while. Thank you for letting me know I appreciate it.

CLF 

0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Galaxy S Phones
that's exactly why I tell users to clear their dalvik cache after every update. the system is supposed to purge itself, and usually does, but it is after all a computer...and doesn't always succeed. left over files like that in the trash and cache could potentially cause erratic behavior on the device itself because it gets confused with its set of instructions
0 Likes