JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Delete pictures from PC and phone at the same time

(Topic created: 10-26-2019 06:42 PM)
userWN1wrNCaKh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

When I used to delete pictures from pc program after downloading to my pictures folder they would also delete from my phone. That does not work any more. Any setting that has changed? Hope I explained this matter that someone can understand. Thanks, Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As the device has different software than the S6 the pictures are copying over from the phone to the computer. At this time there isn't a way to delete the pictures from your phone as they are being moved to the computer. I would recommend trying the Samsung cloud as you do have the option to delete the pictures from your phone once they are uploaded to the cloud.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

9 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for reaching out. Are you using Android 8.0 or Android 9.0?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userWN1wrNCaKh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Phone says Andriod 9, thanks. Paul

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What pc program are you using for your pictures?

0 Likes
userWN1wrNCaKh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The default, which is windows 10. When I plug phone into p/c the program that pops up. Thats all I have for you, sorry for not knowing more unless you can direct me to get answer in more detail.

Thanks, Paul

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for that information. Did you notice these symptoms after you updated to Android 9?

0 Likes
userWN1wrNCaKh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

OH boy, I don't think so. I think it did this from day one out of the box. Because I had an S-6 which was great and deleted, then s-8 didn't delete. Should have gotten answer a year ago but didn't. Just tired of deleting pictures then having to remember which ones I saved before deleting from phone.

Thanks for your help. Paul

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

As the device has different software than the S6 the pictures are copying over from the phone to the computer. At this time there isn't a way to delete the pictures from your phone as they are being moved to the computer. I would recommend trying the Samsung cloud as you do have the option to delete the pictures from your phone once they are uploaded to the cloud.

userWN1wrNCaKh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you very much for your help. I will look into the cloud !!

0 Likes
userDIYifouODL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just purchased a Samsung 4 door flex with family hub.. I research this well I thought. Well there should have been a declaimed stating Apple users need not purchase. Too late for me. I am having multiple problems but I will go with the easy one first. How do I delete pictures off the family board. It is easy when the screen goes still I can hover over the picture and there is a delete button how about the ones on the slide show they will not when I try to they just add a second of the same picture. The screen stops on the same three pictures only. I do love the flex part of this refrigerator. The family hub is giving me some grief. Thank you. Peach

0 Likes