Original topic:

Deleted files keep re-appearing

(Topic created: 02-10-2022 11:16 PM)
gee2u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I listen to a lot of music thru using Bluetooth in my car and various other music related apps. I use the Samsung music player app a majority of the time.

I have deleted a few music files that are no longer in a file folder on my Samsung Galaxy S9 (Android 10). I have deleted these particular files more than a dozen times. I go to My Files and search for them by name. These same files keep showing up. I turn my phone off at least once a day. I never charge it overnight. 

Whenever I power my phone back on, I check the Samsung music player app and those same music files still show up. 

Does anyone with a similar phone have the same experience? It's very frustrating. Thanks in advance. 
6 Replies
ossi
Comet
Options
Galaxy S Phones
i use a downloadable music player, and i didnt like a song that i put. so i deleted it, but when i checked my folders it was still there. must be the apps problem
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

files can reappear if you had them backed up to a cloud (ex. Google One) and is continually re-syncing and updating the phone based on the files saved in the backup. 

so... check your backup setting 

gee2u
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
That makes perfect sense. Thanks.
0 Likes
RenAMom
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Thanks
0 Likes
ANTNEY1273
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I turned off all my backups and my deleted music keeps reappearing
0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

not sure what else could be causing this 'reappearing' of files... 

you could reproduce the issue and report to samsung members app > get help > error report.

something helpful is to take screenshots of the before/after to help the samsung engineers understand better what is happening

0 Likes