cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamsungB
Constellation

Device Care Security Icon Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I open my device care app in settings my security icon is missing. My phone is a Samsung s9 plus with Verizon Wireless and is running Android 9.0  and Samsung OneUI Version 1.0.Screenshot_20190315-042123_Device care.jpg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Device Care Security Icon Missing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for assistance. However, upon the pie update that Security icon/option has been removed. You are seeing the correct icons; Battery, Storage, and Memory.

You can optimize those settings directly from that screen. 

Let us know if this resolves your concerns!

Thanks

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for assistance. However, upon the pie update that Security icon/option has been removed. You are seeing the correct icons; Battery, Storage, and Memory.

You can optimize those settings directly from that screen. 

Let us know if this resolves your concerns!

Thanks

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

user7fHmza4Z3n
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a non-answer.  When we now have to take care of the malware that Samsung denies can happen, you've removed the only known method aside from resetting the phone.  Is there some instruction otherwise?  Please help or be as lame as Facebook and Google on this issue.  Not a happy customer at this time, and I've been using Samsung phones for the past 10 years.

Highlighted
Callahan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had an S6, S9+, S10  and now a Note 10+, and I have never had Malware on my device.

I flashed the (N975U1) Unlocked firmware on the previously verizon-branded device with ODIN, then PM Uninstalled about 175 Google, Samsung, and other waste-of-space apps with ADB.

The only way your gonna get "Malware" is if you download something you shouldn't have.

Use caution when downloading everything, and configure your device judiciously.

Go into Settings and make certain no app can download an Unknown App, delete or uninstall all unecessary apps, and go through your System, and User-installed apps, and  remove all but mandatory permissions.

This process has always worked for me, and I have never had Malware on any of my devices going back to my first S6.

Samsung_RC30fNk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here and I messaged them and they told me the same lie yet everyone else I know with the same phone still has the security feature! They told me in message which I saved that they removed it with last update maybe it will be back on next update. Well it wasn't but still everyone I know has this feature still with all updates. S9+ G965U with AT&T postpaid. I've been hacked I blame Samsung, AT&T along with Xfinity for changing my settings, making me a hotspot, deleting security features ect. Nothing we do gets rid of these hackers and these companies violating our privacy and security are a huge part of the problem. Device Care with the Security feature was one of the reasons I bought this phone! Give me back what I paid for! And stop making us vunerable to hackers and Cyber Abuse. 

user7fHmza4Z3n
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem but with Verizon service.  I've been hacked through a Facebook message scam, and Facebook, Google, and now Samsung all don't have any answer to it.  Only denial that it can happen.  Where is the protection?  I have no trust in any one of these organizations to protect our privacy from misuse on their part or from vicious hacks.  What's your problem Samsung?  No answers?  So disappointed!

Roll-Tide
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Verizon provides a scan tool by McAfee.  Look in your Verizon folder under security.  I also use the free app Incognito.  Good app. Samsung didnt really think this through before they removed it and the answer tech offered really was a non-answer.

Callahan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"I've been hacked!.."  amazing, lol.

Samsung_RC30fNk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I wonder why they keep lying to us... Now even publicly! Unreal... All of these companies keep lying to me and no one wants to admit why I'm hacked endlessly no matter what we do. Maybe if they stopped connecting me to wifi hotspots ect this would have never happened. I always am safe. I don't go to anything but safe websites. I use other security programs as well. Then we also have Google play store downloading apps without our permission, against our permissions and updating apps too. All of these companies are violating the security features we all put in place to stay safe, things they themselves advise us to do and they turn around and do to us what they say don't do when we even set our phones, devices not to do these things. It's disgusting and I feel so violated. Why? Because I was!