JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Digital Wellbeing app stops working possibly due to daylight savings time change

(Topic created: 11-02-2020 12:05 PM)
AChanceFind
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This morning  I noticed the "Digital Wellbeing" app found under settings had stopped responding. It would try to load or show blank data and eventually time out and crash. I knew it was working at least last week. Yesterday I had also received a system update that said it was for security only , "security patch level October 1, 2020", and the day before that the time changed.   

I found on the european version of the samsung community forum many users had this problem in the last week and it was mentioned by some that it was due to the time change that causes the issue. THe EU changed time 1 week before the USA.  The solution is to clear the app data under the app specific storage settings under device care. For details see the European thread:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/digital-wellbeing-app-not-working/td-p/2195...

No one in the USA seems to have reported it yet so to save you searching around the solution is above.

If it is indeed the time change I would say that is probably a little embarassing for the developers for such a classic silly bug to escape. I hope they fix it soon or I suspect next time change the same steps will be needed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
hanseldAi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same issue,, try deleting app data from settings apps

View solution in context

3 Replies
NSK786
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Same issue, Note 10+, USA
Solution
hanseldAi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same issue,, try deleting app data from settings apps

View solution in context

MarB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I experienced the same problem with my Galaxy S10+. I cleared the cache and deleted the data. I 'll see what happens by Midnight EST.
0 Likes