cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdebinder
Constellation

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't sound like it's that hard.  If you hold the button down it will take burst pics, if you just tap the button it will take one.  If you hold your finger in one place on the screen it will focus but it won't take a picture when you lift your finger like the old phone used to.  If you can't seem to keep from holding the button down then you can set the 'Volume key function' to 'take pictures.'  Pinching the screen does not take a burst of pictures for me.

Highlighted
coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What a "tool" you are. Troll much?

Berrybest1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is your problem? I thought this was a question and possible solutions for the camera "burst" issue. Then, suddenly, you post a narcissistic comment. If you DO have an actual STALKER, go through the proper channels and get the HELL off of online discussions, social media, etc.

My ex was found GUILTY of aggravated stalking. Don't mess around with it, if it's REALLY happening, but if not....

Aizoon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@jdebinder wrote:

Doesn't sound like it's that hard.  If you hold the button down it will take burst pics, if you just tap the button it will take one.  If you hold your finger in one place on the screen it will focus but it won't take a picture when you lift your finger like the old phone used to.  If you can't seem to keep from holding the button down then you can set the 'Volume key function' to 'take pictures.'  Pinching the screen does not take a burst of pictures for me.

It's old Mr Samsung himself. This is my chance at last! Why are you so obsessed with Burst Mode that you won't let us disable it?

userPTkxHa3FJc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am so frustrated, that burst function starts by itself plus the macros won't focus. New camera - My beloved s3 finally died, it took AWESOME macros of tiny bugs etc, tack sharp - This S7 Edge is grainy and son't focus on the bug and now it's rapid firing when I don't want - Only had it a couple days and I hate it. Any way to fix trade of get refund??? 

SHARP photo was S3 - Unprocessed, just a great sharp image. I am heartbroken plus I took photos professionally so this is a disaster all around - Will post blurry S7 Edge below

userPTkxHa3FJc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is the BLURRY best I can do with the S7 Edge - PLEASE help, my income depends on photos, if this is the best an S7 Edge can do, can I get a trade- in for something that will take excellent macros? Is it the MODEL or this particular camera that is maybe a lemon? I've had it a DAY, nothing but heart-ache so far. I've been with customer service more than once already - HELP!

20170724_121606.jpgBLURRY taken with new S7 Edge20170524_153750.jpgSharp and focused with old S3 Galaxy

coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, perhaps you got a "lemon" with your S7 Edge... In my experience (irritating "Burst Mode" issues aside), I have been absolutely amazed at the quality of both still shots and video on my S7 Edge. A friend of mine has a "nomal" S7 and says the same thing... That is, it takes the best photos or videos of ANY "camera" we have ever had.

The camera is amazing enough on its own, but add to that the wonderful "low light conditions" shots gives it another "thumbs up" boost. I can snap a photo in a dark restaurant or bar, the phone screen looking so dark that I will think "there is now way this will ever turn out ok", it (amazingly) the photo will be bright and sharp.

Also the image stabliizer in shooting a video blows me away.

Now please don't think I'm all "gooshy" over it just because I own one. In fact, I'm really quite difficult to impress... So I can honestly say I was pleasantly shocked at how good the photos are.

I'm so happy with the photos that I am afraid to upgrade to an S8, as I fear the camera in it might not be as good.

Perhaps I (and my friend with the S7) just "got lucky"... but I cannot say enough about how great the photos turn out on my S7 Edige.

Again, that does not include that horribily irritating "burst mode" that is the root of this entire discussion thread.

Perhaps it is only wishful thinking on my part... but it seems like I have noticed an improvement on how 'burst mode' works after a couple of recent updates... Always in the past, just the lightest single touch on the shutter button would set off burst-mode... Now it seems like it does not kick in until I touch the button quickly two times...

If that has been part of an update, it is welcome.

Again, you might want to take the phone into the store (assuming you did not buy it online) and show them how bad the photos are... As I said many times, I've been nothing but "way impressed" by the camera.

userEAjyHKv4oO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just tried the close-up focus on my new GS7 and, sure enough, it's hopeless compared to GS3. I doubt that the better resolution will support taking from a distance and scaling.  However, it's a phone. Get a panasonic lumix or similar. Much, much, cheaper than a phone 24x optical zoom (or more) and great macros.   

userSPUy7BmdFT
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OMG, if you are blown away by the S7 Edge, I can't imagine what you'd say about my previous phone - the Lumia 925.  It took the most amazing low light pictures.  All pictures were amazing.  I post a lot to Facebook and my friends were always asking what I was using to get those shots.  My BF and I tend to take pics of the same things when we are together and his iPhone doesn't even come close.

RIP Windows Mobile.  Those of us who knew you, loved you with all our hearts.

And f**k this f**king burst mode problem.  What kind of nonsense is this, anyway?  Doesn't matter whether I use the screen button or the volume button or turn it upside down or sideway, the stupid thing always takes bursts.  And I am NOT going to use the stupid VOICE command to take pictures.  I take a lot of pictures, and I am not going to disturb the experience of the people around me by yelling SHOOT!  SHOOT!  SHOOT! 

Doh.  [facepalm]

Loser_lon
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just don't hold the camera button. There's no way to disable it.