cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mightymo1961
Constellation

Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge [PE/FR]

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know how to disable the "burst mode" on the new s7 Edge?  I keep taking multiple photos when I am only wanting to take one.  Thanks for your help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jajones20
Asteroid

Re: Disable Burst Mode on S7 Edge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just go into Settings and disable using the shutter button as a means of taking pictures.

106 REPLIES 106
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think S7 and S7 edge have same camera app. I have S7 and don't see an option to disable it. 

One suggestion is to use a different camera App. Google camera is nice. Install it from the market and give it a try. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

daaah
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have S7 and the same question.

I like to hold my finger on the shutter button and then release, to minimize vibration (camera shake) when I take the picture.  Tapping shakes the camera!!

SamsungLes
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, 

First, I'd like to thank you for being part of our Community. I did some research, and like Superman said, disabling this is not a configurable option. You can try a third party camera app, but we are unable to recommend any. 

denise3p
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I am unable to disable Burst mode, perhaps you can explain how burst mode operates. Does it activate when I touch the screen to focus? When I touch the screen to zoom or unzoom?

When and how does Burst mode happen? (Obviously so I can AVOID it!)

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Holding your finger on the Shutter button takes 10s of photos per second.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree with denise3p ... If someone can clearly tell us under which conditions burst mode is activated, we can avoid it. While Superman says that holding one's finger on the shutter key will trigger burst mode for 10 photos, I know for a fact that burst mode is being triggered on my phone without my getting anywhere near the shutter button with my finger. ... I'll end up with 100 photos being taken... and there's no way to stop it once it begins shooting. Only when the camera itself seems "satisfied" will it stop.

Two things I've noticed can trigger it are:

1. Rotating the camera into horizontal landscape mode.

2. Spreading my fingers on the screen to zoom in.

These are common actions that really cannot be avoided, however.

So please, girls and boys, let's keep this thread alive until someone can come up with a workable soltution or work-around. This is becoming a huge annoyance with an otherwise wonderful phone.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, everyone. We are glad to have you here in our Samsung Community and are glad to see you reaching out to your fellow members for support. Burst mode is not a configurable option and is activated by long pressing the shutter button. We recommend using your volume keys to zoom in and out to avoid activating burst mode as well. Please make sure to go into your camera settings to check what your volume key options are set to. 

Firebrand
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So you're saying that if we accidentally enable burst mode, there's no way to disable it again?  Please explain to us why if we accidentally enable it by long pressing the shutter button that we can't disable it by long pressing the shutter button again.  I'd like to be able to experiment with burst mode but don't want to be forced to keep burst mode.  Does resetting the camera to defaults turn burst mode off again? I have Verizon and have my phone set to sync to cloud. I don't want 10 of the same shot using up my storage.  Obviously, I have the option to manually sync but why should I (and everyone else) be forced to clean out unwanted multiples when burst mode should be a toggle?  This is on you, Samsung.  Please consider your customers and roll out an update that lets us toggle burst mode.

coolblueice
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Firebrand... You are lucky if you get only 10 unwanted photos... Mine takes 100!

I love (not) that Samsung replies that this is "non-configurable" or some horse hockey like that... Trying to convince us "it isn't a problem, it's a feature". 

I agree with you. Samsung please consider adding a toggle as "an enhancement request." Please!